exceptions view on the dashboard

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jarrett125

exceptions view on the dashboard

Post by jarrett125 »

hi

looking at the time trex dashboard there is a view by default named exceptions (subordinates) this list employees first name|last name|date|serverity|exception|code . now the odd issue I'm seeing with this is that employees with the exception missing in or missing out don't show up for 2 days. so yesterday (9-29) we cleared out anyone who was missing an out punch we seen with that exception.today (9-30) looking at the exceptions (subordinates) on the dashboard. I see 3 employees missing a punch out from 9/28

my question is why don't these names show up either later that day or the next day so we are able to fix this before its 2 days old.
shaunw

Re: exceptions view on the dashboard

Post by shaunw »

Missing Out exceptions aren't triggered until the maximum shift time (set in your pay period schedule) is exceeded, then its only triggered when the maintenance job runs that evening. So if that is set to 16hrs (default), the exception won't be triggered for at least 16hrs, since TimeTrex can't be sure the employee has forgot to punch out vs. working a long shift. This is the one exception that is delayed the longest due to the fact that TimeTrex simply doesn't have the necessary information to determine otherwise and you obviously wouldn't want Missing Out exceptions to be triggered while the employee may possibly be working still.

If you want a more timely exception instead, you must schedule the employee and use the Out Late exception instead. That can be triggered within minutes of the employee not punching out if setup as such.
jarrett125

Re: exceptions view on the dashboard

Post by jarrett125 »

ok thankyou.