employee clock in/out

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jarrett125

employee clock in/out

Post by jarrett125 »

is there a way to make it so an employee can't clock out with not having a clock in. I believe I have users who are changing the clock into the clock out and it's going through. for example today we have a user who only had a clock out it was the first ever clock in / clock out.
jarrett125

Re: employee clock in/out

Post by jarrett125 »

meaning we are having employee's changing clock in to clock out and when they clock in they posting a clock out time which is causing a bug. is there a way to prevent this from happen.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It is intentional and by design to allow employees to punch out without first punching in and vice versa. Take for example the case where the employee forgot to punch in at the beginning of their shift, they shouldn't be forced to punch in, wait some unknown amount of time (ie: due to rounding) then punch out again to end their shift, that wouldn't make much sense, nor would the employees even really know to do that.

To be as simple as possible, TimeTrex is designed that employees only need to consider the punch they are performing at that exact moment, so when punching in, it should be an "IN" punch, and when punching out it should always be an "OUT" punch. In the event that they forgot or incorrectly punched previously, they can get back on track by always ensuring their current punch is of the correct status (In or Out). TimeTrex will default the punch status to what it thinks is the best based on the information it has, however if the employee has made a mistake previously, that "guess" will always be wrong, so its the employees responsibility to ensure that the current punch status (In or Out) is always correctly set. Therefore, proper training of the staff on how to use TimeTrex should help alleviate such issues.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

that I guess that kinda makes sense to a point. I do appreciate the feedback about this. so ounce they have made so many wrong punches how hard is it to revert that back to what it should be by default.