Wrong Premium Policy calculation after update.

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
robh

Wrong Premium Policy calculation after update.

Post by robh »

Hi,

After update of the On-site Timetrex to version 9.1.3-20160812-215412 one of my premium policies does not calculate correctly.

The policy was set up to calculate the number of working hours after 21:00 and before 06:00. The correct number of hours was returned before the update, but after updating it reports 0.5 hours less then expected.

I am using the following settings:
"Contributing Shift Policy": Regular time.
"Start time": 21:00
"End time": 06:00

For an employee punching in at 17:00 and out at 0:30 only 3 hours of premium time are registered, where it should be 3.5 hours. Does anyone know a solution for this or is it a bug?

As a temporary solution I changed the "Start time" to 20:30.

Hope someone has some advice.

Best regards,

Rob.
shaunw

Re: Wrong Premium Policy calculation after update.

Post by shaunw »

What version of TimeTrex did you upgrade from?

Are you using any auto-deduct or auto-add meal policies?

Posting full uncropped screenshots of the timesheet show the issue and premiuim policy settings would also be helpful.
robh

Post by robh »

I am not sure about previous version, probably 8.0.0 or 8.0.8. I did not update for a while since all was working well.

Attached some screenshots.

Yes, I do auto subtract a 0.5 hour lunch, if one is clocked in for more than 6 hours. I guess that is causing the problem, for the end of that 6 hour period will be after the start-time of the premium-window.

If the system assumes that the lunch is held after 6 hours and therefore subtracts 0.5 hour from the premium time that could be the explanation, but it was not doing that in the version I was using before.

Thanks for looking at this.

Rob.
Attachments
premium policy - Criteria.PNG
Premium Policy.PNG
Meal Policy.PNG
timesheet.PNG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, so the issue is likely just the "Contributing Shift Policy" selected in your "Premium Policy". Try selecting "Regular Time + Meal" instead that should include the auto-deduct meal time pay code, then recalculate one employees timesheet to see if its corrected.
robh

Post by robh »

I tried that before I posted this topic. That makes it worse. The system then subtracts another 0.5 hour, see the attached capture. I changed to "regular time + meal + break" since there is no "regular time + meal".

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Rob.
Attachments
Timesheet.PNG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Then it sounds like your Regular Time policy already includes the Meal Policy time that is auto-deducted. Can you please check your Contributing Pay Codes for the "Regular Time" policy and see what pay codes it includes?
robh

Post by robh »

I am not sure if I answer your question here but attached the regular time policy. I did not change it from default.
Attachments
Regular Time Policy.PNG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The Regular Time Policy is using the "Regular Time" Contributing Shift Policy, which in turn uses a "Contributing Pay Code Policy", so you have to trace it back to that under Policy -> Contributing Pay Codes, and see what Pay Codes are included in the "Regular Time" Contributing Pay Code policy.
robh

Post by robh »

Okay, Attached the Contributing Pay Code policy.
Attachments
Contributing Pay Code policy.PNG
Contributing Pay Code policy.PNG (102.43 KiB) Viewed 8184 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, the issue is that your are using an Auto-Deduct meal policy in conjunction with a time-based premium policy. Because you are auto-deducting the lunch time, TimeTrex doesn't actually know when it took place exactly, so it just uses the "Active After" time set in the Meal Policy as the start of the lunch and if that time falls within the start/end time of a premium policy then it will be deducted from the premium time as well.

So if the employee punches in at 17:00 and the Meal Policy Active After is 5hrs (what it is by default) with a 30min total deduction, then the lunch time is assumed to be from 22:00 -> 22:30. If the premium policy starts at 21:00 and goes to 06:00, then it will take into account the 30min lunch as it falls within that time as well. If this isn't have the behavior you want, you will need to reduce the "Active After" time of the meal policy to less than 3.5hrs, so the lunch finishes before 21:00.
robh

Post by robh »

Thanks, I will have a look at this. What surprised me was that this occured after an update, while I did not change anything in my setup.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

robh wrote:Thanks, I will have a look at this. What surprised me was that this occured after an update, while I did not change anything in my setup.
In older versions of TimeTrex it wasn't as accurate, it would just deduct the meal time in all cases, even if the premium policy criteria just included the last hour of the shift or something. Newer versions of TimeTrex are more accurate in trying to determine when the lunch time actually took place and account for that accordingly.
robh

Post by robh »

I agree, it is actually better in the latest version, and I can fix this through some adjustments. Thanks for your help.