purgeing employee list

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jarrett125

purgeing employee list

Post by jarrett125 »

hi,
I was wondering what is the best way to purge all employees in TimeTrex, or a way that i can have the ability to select what employees I want to delete.
jarrett125

Re: purgeing employee list

Post by jarrett125 »

so I guess my question boils down to are you able to click the top checkbox that selects all and click on delete to remove all employees. does that work for deleting multiple employees out of the system? Also if I am going to delete this way is there any remaining information that may linger after deleting all the accounts.

if that isn't the best practice from removing employees out of the system what is the best practice for doing so.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, that is possible, but we don't recommend deleting employees in any live system.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

what would you recommend we need to clear out all employees/volunteers for the coming semester.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We recommend marking them as terminated/inactive instead.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ok is there a way to do that in a mass listing or do you have to do that one by one?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can mass edit any record in TimeTrex almost, simply select as many employees as you wish and click the "Mass Edit" icon.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

so after you do a mass edit like that make them either inactive or terminated do the accounts get deleted or something after so long?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Nope, thats the point, that the data doesn't get deleted.

You may not be using TimeTrex for its intended purposes, but in most jurisdictions its required by law to maintain employee records for several years after they are terminated, hence the reason we don't recommend deleting them. If you do want to delete employee records, you can enable such permissions under Company -> Permission Groups, and enable the "Employee -> Delete" permission. Those permissions are disabled by default to prevent the above from happening as well as accidental deletion of employees.

Just keep in mind, once an employee is deleted, all data related to that employee is also deleted instantly (ie: punches, schedules, wages, HR records, etc...)
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ok so there is no way of saying we want people's records deleted say after 4 years of being listed as inactive or terminated?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Nope, definitely not. You can manually delete them on mass yourselves at anytime though.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ok thank you for the information.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

o one other thing i wanted to ask about this if i have the employee listed as inactive. you still can run reports on hours clocked correct?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ok that's what i figured thank you for your help as always.
jhonathanmaster

Post by jhonathanmaster »

Hello, I was doing testing with TimeTrex and I would like to remove all the employees and related data to start by scratch do you have any functionality to remove the user complete from the database?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

jhonathanmaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:33 pm Hello, I was doing testing with TimeTrex and I would like to remove all the employees and related data to start by scratch do you have any functionality to remove the user complete from the database?
Uninstalling TimeTrex completely and re-installing it would likely be the easiest way.