email address is invalid

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
timeclock

email address is invalid

Post by timeclock »

Hello:

Attempts to enter a work email address for a new user throws an error. Older users in the system have the same email domain. However, if I attempt to re-add the same domain in an older user a error is thrown. Our domain is valid (we receive emails daily.) The error is the email address in invalid. Incidentally, I can enter a bogus email address of another domain and it is accepted. For example: ecrap@cyrilroberts.com is accepted in timetex but is listed as invalid in http://email-checker.net/check

Any thoughts?

Version: Timetrex Community 10.0.0
shaunw

Re: email address is invalid

Post by shaunw »

Please see the following FAQ for instructions on how to enable logging, then replicate the issue and attach a copy of the log here:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89
timeclock

Post by timeclock »

oddly enough, the issue has been resolved as the program was upgraded to 10.0.0.1. however, new issues have emerged. will create a new thread on those issues.
nokbvdc

Post by nokbvdc »

I am getting the same error. However, I am running version 10.1.4 and the issue has not fixed itself. I upgraded from 9.0.4 to 10.1.4 two weeks ago. The email addresses were already there. I get email alerts from TimeTrex hence I know emails are correct. Also, when modifying an employee, it complains about email being invalid. Turning on debugging mode in timetrex.ini.php allows the emails to be accepted and system does not complain. Have enabled logging on both php and timetrex but the logs simply provide nothing. An employee is double clicked for editing, changing anything on the employee will issue the email invalid warning on text change event. This is not logged anywhere since nothing is processed yet.

This makes it seem to be a javascript/jquery issue since it clearly is on the client side (validations maybe?).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.