Recurring schedules & reporting (crystal reports)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
hhhunter24

Recurring schedules & reporting (crystal reports)

Post by hhhunter24 »

Hi all, greetings from South America.

I have recently installed and have been playing around with Timetrex for my company. So far i think its a really great software package and addresses the immediate needs of my company.

Let me first briefly describe my scenario.

I have been using Crystal Reports to do some custom reporting. Example, i'm able to run a report which displays Lateness, time-off, reported sick, etc per employee and per department. It took some digging around and manually linking tables in Crystal, but i managed to have this working.

My concern is this: I need to run this report at the end of every month. However, i noticed in the "AddRecurringScheduleShift.php" that it clears out schedules older than 1 week. The problem is ...... in my Lateness report, one of the criteria it searches for is an "exception_policy.type_id = S4" (which is triggered when an employee is punched in after his/her scheduled start time. If the recurring schedule is cleared out after 1 week and i run my lateness report at the end of the month, will the "S4" exception be also cleared since the schedule is deleted?

Would i still be able to report on past schedules? If not, is there a way to change the schedule clearing behavior?
shaunw

Re: Recurring schedules & reporting (crystal reports)

Post by shaunw »

If you are connecting directly to the TimeTrex SQL database, you are doing it wrong and its not supported because of that. Instead you should be using the API (https://www.timetrex.com/workforce-management-api) which is specifically designed for such purposes and will save you a ton of time and headaches.

Additionally, in the Professional Edition of TimeTrex, it includes a plugin that allows it to be a direct data source for Crystal Reports without having to connect to use SQL at all, it only takes a couple minutes to get setup and running.
hhhunter24

Re: Recurring schedules & reporting (crystal reports)

Post by hhhunter24 »

Thanks for the info Shaun.

I did connect using ODBC to the database and i got my reports to run using Crystal since our company has very specific reporting criteria. I was just wondering about the recurring schedule cleanup done by Timetrex.

Will look into your recommendations.

Cheers.