Premium Policies

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
johnr

Premium Policies

Post by johnr »

Are Premium Policies functional in the Community hosted edition? I'm asking because I'm trying to setup a premium policy/wage group as outlined in the Help (https://help.timetrex.com/v10.0/communi ... Groups.htm) and no matter what I select, the premium is not calculated per the shift differential rule I've setup in the premium policy. After poking around, I keep stumbling on features that are only available in the Professional/Corporate/Enterprise editions so I just started to wonder if what I'm trying to accomplish isn't available in the Community edition.

What I'd like to do is if I punch in using one branch/department combination, I get one rate of pay. If I punch in with a different branch/department, I get a different rate of pay.

I'm using the "Cloud Hosted" Community Edition 10.7.1.

Thank you.
shaunw

Re: Premium Policies

Post by shaunw »

Yes, shift differential premium policies are available in the Community Edition, however keep in mind that premiums are typically used for additional pay (ie: $1/hr more, common for things like evening or weekend shift premiums), not changing entire hourly rates (ie: for part of a shift they may get $15/hr and another part $12/hr).

There can be a fairly big difference between the two and how overtime rates may be affected and such. For changing entire hourly rates of pay to be in full compliance with FLSA and overtime calculations you would need the Professional Edition.
johnr

Post by johnr »

Thanks Shaun. Okay, what's the best way to set this up then?

I'd like to just have a 1.25 multiplier when punching in with a specific branch/department. I've created the shift differential Premium policy with the applicable differential criteria, it's using the pay formula I've setup (pay multiplied by factor, wage source is the wage group - default - and the rate is 1.25. The premium policy is also applied to my policy group.

I have several punches/hours for the branch/department but no matter what, it never applies that premium policy when calculating/generating the pay stub.

What am I missing?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sounds like you got things setup on the surface. So its likely a small detail that was missed, therefore we would need to see screenshots of all the items (all premium policy tabs, contributing shift tabs, contributing pay code tabs, pay formula, timesheet, etc...) in question to to help narrow that down.
johnr

Post by johnr »

Screenshots attached; thank you again Shaun.

Premium Policy
Premium Policy
PremiumPolicy.png (27.48 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
Differential Criteria
Differential Criteria
DifferentialCriteria.png (22.89 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
Contributing Shift
Contributing Shift
ContributingShiftPolicy.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
(Date/Time and Differential Criteria are not available in the Community Edition)

Pay Code
Pay Code
PayCodePolicy.png (18.1 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
Pay Formula
Pay Formula
PayFormulaPolicy.png (24.48 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
You'll note the pay formula is using the default wage group as the wage source since I do just want a multiplier of 1.25 x the default wage but I have also tried using a secondary wage group without success.

Timesheet
Timesheet
Timesheet.png (61.63 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The Contributing Shift policy selected in you premium policy seems strange to me. That is the time that is input into the Premium Policy, which the premium policy then applies its differential criteria to, and any matching times get output to the Pay Code. Normally the Contributing Shift policy would be something like: "Regular Time + OT + Meal + Break".

It seems like you may have created a totally new contributing shift policy that just includes the "Officers Premium Time" pay code, and selected that instead, which would create a circular loop, since the input contributing shift policy and the output pay code both include the same pay codes and therefore wouldn't work in most cases.

Give that a try and see if works better for you.

Here is a flow chart showing how policies are calculated which may help:
https://help.timetrex.com/v10.0/communi ... -Chart.htm
johnr

Post by johnr »

Ah, yep, that did it. I had tried so many different things to make it work I didn't realize I had done that.

Thanks for your help.