Number Format on PayStubs

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
gregory

Number Format on PayStubs

Post by gregory »

Running 11.1.1 on ubuntu 16.04 Postgresql 10 PHP 7

Can see in TT where to change language, time format, date format, distance units, but NOT number format (i.e. thousands separator as comma or period and same for decimal separator). Presume it comes from locales which on our system has 22 es_XX.utf8 locales. On the employee preference DropDown only have English and Espanol_UO. How can I choose es_PR.utf8? if that is where number format is obtained from.

Do I change /interface/locale/langs.ini which currently has only
[en_US]

[es_ES]

to replace [es_ES] with [es_PR]?
shaunw

Re: Number Format on PayStubs

Post by shaunw »

The number format does come from the locale that is chosen. Which is a combination of the Language (Spanish [ES]) and the country set in the employee record [PR]. Together they make es_PR for the locale if it exists on the operating system, but TimeTrex then uses "es_ES" for the language as its the closest match to the available language it supports.
gregory

Post by gregory »

Changed to es_PR (BTW country is Dominican Republic which does not have es_locale), but does not produce what we need which is all text in spanish, dates in dd-mm-yy, but numbers with thousand separator as comma and decimal separator as period. Easiest place to override?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex uses the locale settings passed by the operating system, there is no way to override them in.