IRS Form 941 Errors

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bemcfarland

IRS Form 941 Errors

Post by bemcfarland »

I have two errors showing up on this form: The Company name does not show up in the form's header in the name field. Instead, it is my user name there. The Trade Name field has the correct information. The box 1 information is also incorrect, off by one employee.

We are using the self-hosted community version 11.1.1 on "WINNT" (really Server 2008), PHP version 5.6.20, Tax Engine 1.0.40, Tax Data 20180101. It was installed in 2017 using the installer.
shaunw

Re: IRS Form 941 Errors

Post by shaunw »

The issue with the company name is fixed in the next release, which should be available in the next day or two.

In regards to the employee count, as per the 941 instructions it only includes employees that were paid in pay periods that included the 12th day of the last month of the quarter. Could that be why you are seeing a discrepancy?
bemcfarland

Post by bemcfarland »

On name, "Great!"

For employee error, that is exactly the issue -- an employee less was paid in the last month that contained the 12th.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

bemcfarland wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 am For employee error, that is exactly the issue -- an employee less was paid in the last month that contained the 12th.
Would it be possible for you to email support@timetrex.com a link to download a dump of your database so we can diagnose the issue further? Any other information you could provide to us such as who you think the employee is that is missing would also be helpful.
bemcfarland

Post by bemcfarland »

Hi. I think the software is performing as expected. We DID have an employee less paid in December so that would decrease the count.