Supervisor can't see subordinates

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
abraves247

Supervisor can't see subordinates

Post by abraves247 »

I have a manager with a few employees under her.
Under Permissions Group I have set the manager to Employees -> view and Employees--> view subordinate.

When I go to view employees, the manager can see herself but not her subordinates.
I have tried going to Company--> Hierarchy then adding the manager with her subordinates.
The manager also has a superior.

I can not figure out what else I need to do so the manager can view herself and her subordinates but no one else.
shaunw

Re: Supervisor can't see subordinates

Post by shaunw »

"Employees -> View" permissions can be read as "View All", so if that is allowed, it doesn't matter what the other "View" permissions are allowed, the employee can always "View All" employees. But that contradicts what you claim is set and what you claim they can actually see, so its not making much sense.

Normally if you want a manager to only view subordinates, you would DENY: "Employee -> View" and ALLOW: "Employee -> View Subordinate".

If you continue to have problems, you may want to consider reverting back to the "Supervisor (Subordinates Only)" permission group that TimeTrex creates by default, as it should definitely work for this case.