Permissions query

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
parsonspr

Permissions query

Post by parsonspr »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up timetrex to be used just as a flexi time record/manager.

If I could just quickly check that I'm doing the right sort of thing - I've set up an over time policy to gain overtime, then set up a shift with the same hours each day so that I can apply an undertime policy. This should add any hours an individual goes over their 7.5 hour day and deduct it from the time bank from the shift if they go under? I don't have any specific lunch policy to apply, so they just clock out for lunch and so I've set 9-16:30 as a shift (although the actual times can vary quite a bit). I'll have to deal with leave too, just in case this affects a time-in-lieu calculation, so I've just set an annual leave allowance in accruals which staff will subtract from in absences. Does this all seem reasonable?

I've tried to narrow down the permissions on the various accounts as much as possible to hide payroll/policy/HR etc from the users as this is not needed in our implementation.

I'd like to know what the difference in the 'view' permission is from 'view own'. Or for example 'Absence Edit' in comparison to 'Absence Edit Own'?
I'm wondering why it's possible that the standard user account 'Regular Employee (Manual Punch)' is able to add Absences from the Timesheet drop down menu and why the 'Regular Employee (Punch In/Out)' can't.

thanks in advance!
Phil

We're using v11.1.5 (Win Server 2012).
mikeb

Re: Permissions query

Post by mikeb »

"View Own" permissions means they can only view their own records, as compared to "view" which implies view all or anyone elses records.

The "Regular Employee (Manual Punch)" permission group is designed for employees that will be manually adding their time/absences at a later date rather than punching in/out in real-time, so that is why they have access to create their own absences.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
parsonspr

Re: Permissions query

Post by parsonspr »

That's great.

Thanks,
Phil