Apply shifts retrospectively?

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
parsonspr

Apply shifts retrospectively?

Post by parsonspr »

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to apply shifts (and the associated calculations) retrospectively. I've applied a few shifts to staff members, but it looks like the calculations only apply after the day I've created them (not from the date the shift pattern was created to start at). So if I create a shift pattern and put the start date in the past, it doesn't go black, but remains grey. Recalculating the timesheet doesn't appear to force it to recalculate either.
schedules_applied_to_past.png
schedules_applied_to_past.png (157.37 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
Thanks,
Phil
parsonspr

Re: Apply shifts retrospectively?

Post by parsonspr »

Ah, I think I've worked this out. If I select a load of shifts and mass edit, then I can set 'worked'.
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

Hmmmmm. I've set the shift to 'worked' and it shows as black in the schedule, but it hasn't changed the over/undertime calculations at all. ReCalculate TimeSheet doesn't seem to fix that either. Are the under/overtime calculations not performed straight away when ReCalculate TimeSheet is performed?

thanks,
Phil
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

Also, for irregular shifts (i.e. here it's shorter days on Tuesday and Wednesday for Rebecca), is it best practice to have a new Policy Group for this, or to use the hourly employees Policy Group and then apply overtime policies as inclusions and exclusions from this?

thanks once again!
Phil
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

This is a test instance, so I'm not too worried about breaking it, but I've changed the policies slightly and it isn't working for regular pattern shift staff now.

I added all overtime shift polices to the hourly employees Policy Group. I then tried creating a shift policy and excluding the ones I didn't want from the hourly employees policy group. It now doesn't seem to be applying the standard overtime policy for that shift day. It just deposits any time I create into the timebank. I also tried explicitly adding and excluding overtime policies to the shift policy, but nothing seems to work. I'm not sure if setting anything other than undertime in the shift policy is having any effect.
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

I've put it back to the way it was and it was and tried recalculating. It still has deposited any time worked in the time bank, so it's as if the expected hours for shifts in the past aren't applied. I'm not sure what's going on really.

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks,
Phil
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Recurring schedules don't apply retroactively on their own (gray font color), so if you need to do that, like you just did, its a simple Mass Edit, then Save to commit the shifts and change them to black font. At that point the timesheets are recalculated automatically and any policies are applied immediately.

As for why you aren't seeing what you expect, we would need to see screenshots of the employees timesheet in question, all related policies and their settings as well, then you would need to describe what you expect to see too.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

Thanks.

I've rolled the whole thing with screenshots etc into this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7570&p=23443#p23443

Phil