Payroll processing error, no transaction exists

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
tdipiazza

Payroll processing error, no transaction exists

Post by tdipiazza »

Set up all areas of TT. Entered pervious week hours for employee. Went to process payroll and system says no transactions or no payment methods. Payment methods completed and assigned. Time entries show on employee for all days works.
Attachments
TimeTrex Employee Time Card.PNG
TimeTrex Employee Time Card.PNG (50.31 KiB) Viewed 9364 times
TimeTrex Payroll payment method.PNG
TimeTrex Payroll payment method.PNG (23.66 KiB) Viewed 9364 times
TimeTrex Payroll processing error.PNG
TimeTrex Payroll processing error.PNG (26.91 KiB) Viewed 9364 times
mikeb

Re: Payroll processing error, no transaction exists

Post by mikeb »

The Payment Method status shows as "Disabled", it will need to be "Enabled" to actually be used when generating pay stubs.

Additionally its saying the employee doesn't have any earnings, so you need to make sure proper wage records are created and then recalculate the employees timesheet to make sure they are applied retroactively.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
tdipiazza

Post by tdipiazza »

Thank you. Enabling worked. I was able to process.

I have reviewed the available documentation and have some additional questions:

How do I print a check?
Can I print a pay stub detail showing deductions?
Can I print a payroll report showing all deductions and employer contributions?
Does the community version support withholding tax & employer contribution electronic payments to the appropriate tax authorities?

Thank you,
Tony
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

tdipiazza wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 pm I have reviewed the available documentation and have some additional questions:

How do I print a check?
During the Payroll Processing Wizard, on Step 8 you can click "Process Transactions" icon and TimeTrex will generate a PDF of all your checks to print out.

Prior to that though you may want to go to Payroll -> Remittances Sources, and click the "Sample File" icon to generate sample checks to ensure they fit your existing format and line up correctly.
tdipiazza wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 pm Can I print a pay stub detail showing deductions?
Payroll -> Pay Stubs, then click the "Employee Pay Stubs" or "Employer Pay Stubs" icons.
tdipiazza wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 pm Can I print a payroll report showing all deductions and employer contributions?
Reports -> Payroll Reports -> Pay Stub Summary can show you this.
tdipiazza wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 pm Does the community version support withholding tax & employer contribution electronic payments to the appropriate tax authorities?
Payroll -> Tax Wizard will guide you through remitting taxes/withholdings to each agency, however TimeTrex does not transfer any funds or data directly to any agencies for you at this time, it just helps you do it yourself. This functionality (full service payroll) if coming in the near future though.
tdipiazza

Post by tdipiazza »

Question asked was "Can I print a pay stub detail showing deductions?"

I followed your instruction: Payroll -> Pay Stubs, then click the "Employee Pay Stubs" or "Employer Pay Stubs" icons. However there is no visible "Print" button??

How do I "Print" a pay stub showing all of the detail for deductions?
tdipiazza

Post by tdipiazza »

Regarding: During the Payroll Processing Wizard, on Step 8 you can click "Process Transactions" icon and TimeTrex will generate a PDF of all your checks to print out.

The attached file is the pdf generated. How do we show the employee deductions on the pay stub?
Attachments
CHK_General_Home_Managem_3_02-May-2018.pdf
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

tdipiazza wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:09 am Question asked was "Can I print a pay stub detail showing deductions?"

I followed your instruction: Payroll -> Pay Stubs, then click the "Employee Pay Stubs" or "Employer Pay Stubs" icons. However there is no visible "Print" button??

How do I "Print" a pay stub showing all of the detail for deductions?
Clicking one of the above icons will show a PDF version of the pay stub showing all earnings/deductions, which you can then print from your PDF viewer. You can see an example of what the pay stub looks like here: https://www.timetrex.com/images/screens ... _stub1.png
tdipiazza

Post by tdipiazza »

So....it took a while but I finally realized you were referring to the "Pay Stub" words next to the tabs NOT the pay stubs icon!

Was getting really frustrated. The interface is quite quirky with the way it changes when you click on what logically are sub-functions changing the entire menu!

Thank you for your help.