Errorneous In Late Exception Notifications

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
natewilliams

Errorneous In Late Exception Notifications

Post by natewilliams »

I have been using TimeTrex since March of 2018 and it's been working great for our small team.

A couple of weeks ago, supervisor's have been receiving In Late exceptions for their subordinates, when the subordinate is punched in and on time. No exceptions are logged on any employee's timesheet, and there are no exceptions in the subordinates exception dashlet. There are no records of exceptions anywhere except for the email notifications sent to the supervisors (per the exception notification policy).

Nothing has really changed on the system, however some system and package updates were installed recently that could be causing the new strange behavior. It's a low priority for me, since everything appears to be working fine otherwise, but the extra notifications are a nuisance to supervisors.

I am using TimeTrex 11.1.5 - I see there is a new version available, I haven't updated yet, who knows, it may fix my issue

Ubuntu Linux 16.05.5 LTS, PHP 7.032-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, PostgreSQL 9.5.14, Apache 2.4.18

I enabled logging in my timetrex.ini.php file, I'm not seeing anything yet, and no logged php errors.

Any other suggestions or places to look?
mikeb

Re: Errorneous In Late Exception Notifications

Post by mikeb »

Could you please attach a copy of an exception email that the supervisor has received, as well as a full uncropped screenshot of the corresponding employees timesheet for the same day?
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
natewilliams

Post by natewilliams »

Here are the screenshots:
Attachments
nathan-in-late-email-notification.png
nathan-in-late-email-notification.png (24.57 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
nathan-timesheet.png
nathan-timesheet.png (140.52 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Can you please double click on the Oct 23rd 7:46AM punch, then send us a full uncropped screenshot of that screen, as well as a screenshot of the "Audit" tab.
natewilliams

Post by natewilliams »

Here ya go:
Attachments
nathan-punch-in-audit.png
nathan-punch-in-audit.png (219.36 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
nathan-punch-in.png
nathan-punch-in.png (271.19 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Upon further investigation, it appears that you have intentionally modified your TimeTrex installation such that it is in violation of the license agreement. Therefore we will no longer be able to assist you while we forward the file to our legal department for further action.