Database Upgrade

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
handleric

Database Upgrade

Post by handleric »

Hello,

I just attempted to process an update like I notmally do by re-running the installer and this time I got a new message that i've never seen before. it said: "Database version check failed! Please upgrade your database to meet the minimum requirements and try again."

All patches have been run on the system, and the sql server is fully up to date, what do I need to do to make this thing happy?
mikeb

Re: Database Upgrade

Post by mikeb »

To better assist you, please see this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
handleric

Post by handleric »

Hello,

1) As stated above, im getting an error message trying to process an upgrade that my database version doesn't meet the requirements (This system has been in production for about 1.5 years and was most recently updated about 60 days ago)

2) I frequently get 2 messages in the app after an automatic upgrade one stating "Your TimeTrex instance has been upgraded!" and the other "you're database version doesnt match, please re-run the installer" I typically do just re-enable the installer and run it which fixes everything until the next upgrade. With this one, I it will not let me process the update due to a message that says my database version isn't supported. There is an error message inside the app that says "WARNING: System stack components (PHP/POSTGRES8) are out-of-date and not supported with this version of TimeTrex! Please upgrade them immediately!" I ran yum update which returns "no packages marked for upgrade.

3)The version of TimeTrex on the login page says V11.5.0-20190301-035201

4) This is running on CentOS 7

5) it has been a while, I believe there was a script I used to install the application but I could be wrong.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Out-of-the-box CentOS7 uses stack components that are well past their end-of-life, so you will need to upgrade them to meet at least the minimum requirements of TimeTrex specified here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!