Requests dashlet not populating for one permission group

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
parsonspr

Requests dashlet not populating for one permission group

Post by parsonspr »

Hi,

it appears that the requests dashlet is not populating for one permission group. All the permission groups are able to view Requests on the appropriate dashlet apart from Supervisor (Subordinates Only). If a users with Supervisor (Subordinates Only) goes to My Account >> Requests they are able to view their own and their subordinates requests.
requests_blank.png
requests_blank.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
I have pulled the full list of permissions for the four groups I use (Administrator, Supervisor (All Employees), Supervisor (Subordinates Only), Regular Employee (Punch In/Out)) from the db using the following query:

Code: Select all

select permission.section, permission.name, permission_control.name from permission, permission_control
where permission_control.id = permission.permission_control_id and permission.value = '1'
and (permission_control.name = 'Administrator' or permission_control.name = 'Supervisor (Subordinates Only)' or  permission_control.name = 'Supervisor (All Employees)' or permission_control.name = 'Regular Employee (Punch In/Out)')
order by permission.section, permission.name, permission_control.name
There doesn't not appear to be one permission that belongs to the Supervisor (Subordinates Only) group that does not belong to any other group. Additionally, there does not appear to be one permission that belongs to the other three groups that does not belong to the Supervisor (Subordinates only) group.

Can anyone help as to what could be causing this?

thanks in advance,
Phil
mikeb

Re: Requests dashlet not populating for one permission group

Post by mikeb »

What version of TimeTrex are you using?
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

Hi Mike,

it's v11.3.1.

I can't updated via the internet, so I've been trying to download 11.5, but I'm not getting any of the emails through.

thanks,
Phil
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Here is a direct link to the downloads: https://www.timetrex.com/onsite-community?step=download

Once upgraded to the latest version let us know if the problem persists or not.
parsonspr

Post by parsonspr »

Hi,

installing the latest version didn't fix this.

Interestingly, if I click on 'View' on that dashlet, nothing happens.

thanks,
Phil
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

I'm assuming you have customized the permissions for the Supervisor (Subordinates Only) permission group and likely removed something that is required. Can the affected employee go to MyAccount -> Requests and see requests there?

You can do a quick comparison with the default permissions by going to Company -> Permission Groups, Edit the permission group that is having the problem, then click "Permission Wizard" icon at the top, make sure the "Role" dropdown box has "Supervisor (Subordinates Only)" selected, then click the blue right arrow twice, on step 3 select "Highlight Only", then click the green checkmark.

What Request related permissions are highlighted on the left (Unselected or Deny) side of the list now?