General questions about accrual policies and milestones

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
globe

General questions about accrual policies and milestones

Post by globe »

Hello,

I have some general questions about accrual policies and milestones.
I have setup accrual policies for 'vacation'. This is setup for a policy group for an employee with a hire date of 4 years ago.
This accrual policy has the tab 'length of service milestones', I have made some definitions here for 0, 1, and 2 years.
There are accruals made for several types like Initial balance, Paid out, Gift, Awarded, Un-awarded for Vacation for this employee (for several years).
When I look at Accrual Balance I see a line with the balance for Vacation for this employee.
The general questions I have are:
- I understand via the 'length of service milestones', it should be possible to calculate a new balance for vacation for next year or after a payment period?
- How is this booked? I mean, does it create an accrual for vacation of type Rollover adjustment? If not, what does not create?
- Is the functionality of this 'length of service milestones' available in community edition? Because I do not see any results.
- Perhaps I am mistaken, but is this calculated during timesheet->recalculate-option and/or via process payroll?

I use the Community edition, version 11.5.2.

Thanks.
mikeb

Re: General questions about accrual policies and milestones

Post by mikeb »

For general information regarding Accrual Policies, please see the Administrator Guide:
https://help.timetrex.com/latest/commun ... licies.htm

If you are running into a specific problem, please provide details of the problem that you are running into, and what you expect to have happen instead. That will help us troubleshoot the specific problem rather than discussing generalities that may not be related.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!