Struggling to Find Station ID

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
dnaisbi

Struggling to Find Station ID

Post by dnaisbi »

So I am a small company with two locations. I only want employees to be able to clock in or out on two computers at each of these locations.
I have read the manual here; https://help.timetrex.com/v12.0/communi ... ation%20id
but I am struggling to search the cookies to find the Station ID's of these computers. Can someone guide me on how to find the station id's?
Thanks for your help.
mikeb

Re: Struggling to Find Station ID

Post by mikeb »

The easiest way is to physically go to those computers and login as an administrator, click Attendance -> In/Out, then click Cancel (this initializes the station if it isn't already), then go to Company -> Stations, and in the Basic Search tab, there is a target icon beside the "Station" field, click that and it will fill in the current Station ID, then click Search.

Keep in mind restricting stations by cookies, while possible, will almost certainly result in someone clearing the browser cookies at some random date in the future, thereby locking out all employees from punching in/out until you go through the above steps again. So this is something you want to be prepared for.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
dnaisbi

Post by dnaisbi »

Thank you, that was extremely helpful information!
So do you suggest just having the IP address and leaving the station to all? that way if someone does clear the cookies it won't lock time punches out?
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Yes, using IP address instead is recommended, however only if the IP address is static and won't also change at some random point in future.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
dnaisbi

Post by dnaisbi »

Awesome, Thank you so much for all your help!!!