Rounding Policy on Recurring Schedule

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
antonb

Rounding Policy on Recurring Schedule

Post by antonb »

I noticed that the rounding policy does not seem to automatically apply to a recurring schedule. I still need to manually update the schedule for the rounding policy to work.

I don't know if this is an expected behavior or I am doing it the wrong way.

I am currently on v12.1.3

I would appreciate any feedback.
shaunw

Re: Rounding Policy on Recurring Schedule

Post by shaunw »

I'm not sure I understand your question, rounding policies only apply to punches on the timesheet. Some rounding policies may take schedules into account when performing rounding though.

To better assist you, please provide more details and full uncropped screenshots showing the issue you are having.
antonb

Post by antonb »

I created a "recurring schedule" for the next 4 weeks and assigned these to selected the employees. However, when i let them punch in or out, the rounding policy does not seem to work.

On the other hand, if i then manually edit their schedule on the Attendance>Schedule page, the rounding policy then works.

Is this an expected behavior? I find the manual editing of schedules a tedious task, it would be best if the rounding policy works on the recurring schedule straightaway.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

As mentioned, to better assist you, please provide more details of the steps you are performing and full uncropped screenshots showing the issue you are having.
nightbringer

Post by nightbringer »

I think what he means is that when you dont schedule a shift manually and just use the recurring schedule the rounding policy doesn't work.
Screen shots below

I am also facing the same dilemma.

added to that i also need help in setting up the punch-out strict schedule rounding. it doesn't seem to work for me. since i expect that when you punch out within the window that is set it should be set to the scheduled out right?
Attachments
ver.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Last edited by nightbringer on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
nightbringer

Post by nightbringer »

I fixed the out policy. I just forgot to add it in the policy group
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I think what he means is that when you dont schedule a shift manually and just use the recurring schedule the rounding policy doesn't work.
Screen shots below
Rounding that is based on a schedule (ie: strict rounding) by definition requires that a schedule exists prior to the employee punching in/out. If a schedule does not exist then the rounding will still occur, just without the "strict" setting applied.

According to your screenshots, you highlighted Dec. 30th as a day that rounding did not occur, however the screenshot showing the scheduled shifts does not include any scheduled shift for Dec 30th.

Recurring Schedules and manually created schedules all work with strict rounding policies just fine, the key though is that they must exist prior to the employee punching in/out.
nightbringer

Post by nightbringer »

Yes, I have created the recurring schedules before the punch in/out of the employee.
also yes, the screenshot doesn't include a scheduled shift since I didn't create one manually on that day to test if it works.
since all the dates that are there were just manually created.

I guess to understand the system better, does the recurring schedule create new entries in the scheduled shift tab? like once a week?
or it is the rounding policy calculated without creating entries in the scheduled shift tab.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

nightbringer wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:37 am I guess to understand the system better, does the recurring schedule create new entries in the scheduled shift tab? like once a week?
or it is the rounding policy calculated without creating entries in the scheduled shift tab.
Recurring schedules automatically populate the scheduled shift list about 4hrs before the recurring schedule shift starts. For strict rounding policies to work, a shift must exist in the scheduled shift list before the employee punches in/out.
nightbringer

Post by nightbringer »

ohhh so it populates it first I now see why it doesn't work or rather i thought it didn't work. Thanks for the quick response.