Print payroll checks with details

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
gregory

Print payroll checks with details

Post by gregory »

Took a while, but figured out how to print checks from TimeTrex (generate pdf file and use that). Problem is the format we chose does not line up with our checks (has no payee). Did not find how to regenerate the pdf file with different format for same pay stub transactions.

How can we test/modify different check print formats with existing pay stub transactions to choose right one for our checks.

Thanks
shaunw

Re: Print payroll checks with details

Post by shaunw »

To test formats, simply go to Payroll -> Remittance Sources, select the source you want to test, then click the "Sample File" icon at the top middle of the screen. This won't show any existing transactions, but its the best way to test that your format is correct.

Once your format is correct, to re-print existing transactions you need to go to Payroll -> Pay Stub Transactions, select each transaction you want to re-print, click Mass Edit, and change the status to "Stop Payment - ReIssue", then click Save. Go to Payroll -> Pay Stubs, select the pay stubs you want re-print, then click "Process Transactions" icon at the top middle and follow on-screen instructions.
gregory

Post by gregory »

Thank you. Worked. It is simple to do, but not obvious to do those steps.

Had to change y coordinates in one of the ChequeForms class.php files to get things to line up with our checks. I would imagine on next update this will be overwritten. How to create our own, just copy and rename an existing class.php file? Will it not get overwritten on update?

Finally, any way to get deductions, etc. shown on stub like we had with Quickbooks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In the Remittance Source record, under the Advanced tab you can make vertical/horizontal adjustments there.

As for deductions appearing on the pay stubs, if they setup and applied to the employees under Payroll -> Tax/Deductions, they will appear.
gregory

Post by gregory »

Not getting anything in advanced tab.

See images with System info, remittance source and remittance source advanced tab.

Did not understand about employees having taxes/deductions defined. They all do and no detail was printed on checks. As I went into the class.php files I did not see any reference there to deductions. Unless they just use the left column, right column start points.
Attachments
Capture TT sys info.JPG
Capture TT sys info.JPG (37.88 KiB) Viewed 9843 times
Capture TT remittance source.JPG
Capture TT remittance source.JPG (62.2 KiB) Viewed 9843 times
TT Rem Source advanced.JPG
TT Rem Source advanced.JPG (20.57 KiB) Viewed 9843 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

My apologizes, advanced check formatting and printing signatures on checks is only available in the Professional Edition.

As for the Tax/Deduction information, I misunderstand your original question, it appears you were referring to printing that information on the check stub, rather than the pay stub. TimeTrex does not print detailed Earnings, Deductions, Accruals, etc... on check stubs due to the lack of space to provide detailed information often required by law in many jurisdictions, so we recommend that you provide employees with their full pay stubs instead.

Fortunately TimeTrex is web-based so employees can easily access their pay stubs electronically and get email alerts when they are ready too.