Deduction on Paystub

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
nickdowning

Deduction on Paystub

Post by nickdowning »

Hello,

I am trying to run payroll and am having an issue with my 401(k) deduction appearing on the paystub as a deduction. I believe I have everything set up properly as I referred to the administrators guide. I have attached a screen shot of my setup and the paystub deductions. I did not enter anything for the eligibility requirements.

Please help!

Thanks,

Nick D.
Attachments
Paystub screen shot
Paystub screen shot
paystub ss.PNG (33.69 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
Setup screen
Setup screen
401k setup.PNG (23.26 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
shaunw

Re: Deduction on Paystub

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, because it wasn't clear, the issue you are having is that the 401(k) deduction is not appearing on the pay stub, correct?

If that is the case, based on your screenshot there is no percent defined in the Tax/Deduction record, so there is nothing to calculate. Now you may have a percent specified for each individual employee instead, which of course would be fine. However, even if you did specify a percent for each employee, it would be the percent of the Include Pay Stub Accounts minus the Exclude Pay Stub Accounts ( in this case just the 401(k) itself ), which of course wouldn't be calculated yet, therefore it would always be $0 and never appear on the pay stub.

Normally a 401(k) deduction would be a percent of total gross earnings, so the "Include Pay Stub Accounts" would need to specify just the "Total Gross" pay stub account rather than your current "401(k)".

Of course anytime you make a change to a Tax/Deduction record you need to re-generate the pay stubs for such changes to take effect.
nickdowning

Post by nickdowning »

Hello Shaun,

Thank you for you prompt response, yes the issue is that the 401(k) deduction is not appearing on the paystub. I do have a percentage for each employee, I did also try entering a value in the percentage field and that had not worked either. I am unsure of what account I would use for the "Include Pay Stub Account and Exclude". I was able to set up all the other deductions the same way and just this one is not working!

Is there something that I need to configure a different way to get the correct calculations and have it appear?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, if you are entering a percentage, TimeTrex needs to know what its a percent of. For example if you put in 5% for an employee, what do you want that 5% calculation based on? Typically its gross earnings, but that is up to you of course.
nickdowning

Post by nickdowning »

Perfect! Everything is working now, thank you so much! Amazing system!