adjusting closed pay period

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bobloblian

adjusting closed pay period

Post by bobloblian »

Hi Gurus,

I have an employee who in the last pay period needed some days off because she was getting tested for Covid. She took 3 days, and I paid her one of those days. After the pay period had been closed, I found a Gov program for reimbursing sick leave, but in order to qualify, I have to have paid out the sick leave. So good thing to do for my employee, so I am trying to figure out how to adjust her pay stub to show that she got paid for her days off and get her some money for those days.

I found https://help.timetrex.com/v11.0/communi ... Period.htm and followed the instructions. All seemed to go well, I put the last pay period in post adjustment, I added the hours to her time sheet, ran the generate pay stub wizard, used the post-adjustment carry-forward setting as instructed, set the pay period to closed, and I was expecting extra money to show up on the next payroll, which happens to be today. But when I ran the "process payroll" function it doesn't seem to have added any funds to her paystub. So I looked at her old paystub, and it is the same, no time got added there, either. To be fair, I am not clear how this would show up on the new pay stub, would the extra 16 hours I added be added to her existing hours in this time period?

I did find the payroll adjustments the article said would be there. But I don't see any where that they have been applied. I have verified that the hours I added in that pay period do show up in the time sheet, and if I run a report displaying hours worked per employee in that pay period her line reports the correct number. including the adjusted hours, so the system know they are there, just not sure if it has included them all the places they should be included.

I looked all around the program, but I am not finding any place in the program, or any useful hint on the forums or through google, as to what I am missing. In frustration I tried re-post-adjusting the pay period and running an out of cycle stub generation, but also seems I got no results from that either, and now I am worried I might have made the situation worse by doing that.

I feel like I am missing a step, but I am spinning my wheels trying to figure out what it is, wondering if anyone can point me in the correct direction?
bobloblian

Re: adjusting closed pay period

Post by bobloblian »

Hi,

So far I have still not figured out the incantation required to make this work.

I have tried recalculating time sheets, regenerating pay stubs, both in-cylce and out-of-cycle, and all with the edited pay period in post-adjustment and closed.

If I go under payroll=>pay stub amendments, I can see the amendments that the extra hours I added to the time period, the gross pay, the tax deductions and so on, but I cannot find where those hours show up on any pay stub. The pay stub amendments are all showing as active, but there doesn't seem to be a way to move them into any functioning pay stub.

if I regenerate a pay stub for the current pay period, which I believe should have these changes on them, I get just the normal work hours, nothing extra. If I generate an out-of-cycle pay stub, for either the last pay period or the current one, I get an error that there are no earning; either no hours entered or wage is not set.

It seems to me, from the description, the pay stub amendments should be automatically appended to the current pay period's pay stub, but that is not happening. It also seems to me that there should be a way to generate a separate paystub based just on the amendments, but I a not finding a way to do that.

So not sure if I am totally missing something obvious, in which case I will happily endure the ridicule of having it pointed out, or if something is actually wrong.
bobloblian

Post by bobloblian »

Ha! got it figured, effective date must be in the payperiod, not the payday itself.

Sorry for the noise.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

bobloblian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:04 pm If I go under payroll=>pay stub amendments, I can see the amendments that the extra hours I added to the time period, the gross pay, the tax deductions and so on, but I cannot find where those hours show up on any pay stub.
Please make sure you read and understand this part of the Administration Guide:
After clicking on the you will be taken to the Pay Stub Amendment list page to review the newly created amendments. In most cases you will want to delete non-earning pay stub amendments to avoid tax calculations being doubled.