Email Cheque Stubs

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Chauh

Email Cheque Stubs

Post by Chauh »

My situation is, I would like manually issue cheque (not from TimeTrex), and email the employees their cheque stub.

How to set this up?

Thank you.
shaunw

Re: Email Cheque Stubs

Post by shaunw »

By default TimeTrex will notify employees by email when their pay stub is ready for viewing (transaction are processed and its marked paid). They can then login to TimeTrex to view the pay stub securely.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

Do I need to set up password for each employees? When you said, By default TimeTrex will notify employees by email, Where do I set up the default?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Each employee profile just needs to have a Work and/or Home email address specified, then each employee can set their own preferences on what notification emails they receive when logged into TimeTrex under MyAccount -> Preferences.

The default is to receive all email notifications to their Work Email address.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

Thank you. will try this week payroll.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

Hi Shawn:

the employee received the link to login, when they click on the link, it said - this site can't be reached. Do you know what happen?

thank you.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It can depend on how you have TimeTrex installed on your server and where the employee is accessing it from. If you don't have TimeTrex remotely accessible from the public internet, then the employees would only be able to access the link from your local network.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

is there a way to email them the cheque stub?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Due to security reasons, TimeTrex does not email any sensitive information.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

Could I be able to print individual cheque stub for the employees?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can go to Payroll -> Pay Stubs, and get PDF copies of each employees pay stubs that way.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

Thank you Shawn.

You mentioned the default will automatic email the employees, that the pay stub is available to view. how to undo this setting?
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

Also, how to modify the cheque stub? would like to remove the hire date, SIN/SSN, and Accrual Time Balances vacation (I don't use this field, because I paid the employee vacation on each pay.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Chauh wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:21 am You mentioned the default will automatic email the employees, that the pay stub is available to view. how to undo this setting?
Go to Employee -> Employee Preferences, and turn off Pay Stub Email Notifications for each employee.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Chauh wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:51 pm Also, how to modify the cheque stub? would like to remove the hire date, SIN/SSN, and Accrual Time Balances vacation (I don't use this field, because I paid the employee vacation on each pay.
To remove Accrual Time Balances, you can go to Policy -> Accrual Accounts, and turn off "Display Balance on Pay Stubs" for each of the records there.

As for the other items, if they aren't populated in the employee profile they won't be displayed on the pay stub. The only way to change this behavior is to modify the source code.
Chauh

Post by Chauh »

how to access the source code?

Everything work as you direct. Thank you.