Hierarchy and Requests

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Ganneff

Hierarchy and Requests

Post by Ganneff »

Hi,

using TimeTrex Corporate, v12.6.5 (installed via .deb), I wonder if the following can work:

2 Managers for Team A, same Two for Team B.

Team A has a number of subordinates directly below those 2.

Team B has an additional manager (lets call them X), below the 2 top level ones and a few subordinates.

Now, requests for vacation/schedule change in Team B should go to Manager X. If X approves, they ought to be approved and schedule adjusted. If X denies, its rejected. ONLY if X goes "uh gosh, no idea, PASS", they should bounce up to the two managers at the top.

I currently get it so far that X can reject, but any approval from X still moves the requests up to the 2. Which only should happen for some cases, namely those that X does pass on (for some regulatory reasons).

Is that doable?

--
Thanks, Ganneff
--
bye Ganneff
Ganneff

Re: Hierarchy and Requests

Post by Ganneff »

From what I understand from rereading the docs, it seems not possible what I want. Only a nearly-like-it thing:

One hierarchy with all 3 managers at top, Team X as subs.
One other with 2 managers at top, rest of company and manager X as subs.

Then all 3 managers get reequests of subs in X at same level. X could nto explicitly pass on request, but would "pass" and send message to others to tell them "look here, special case for you".
--
bye Ganneff
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

For Corporate Edition support, please contact support@timetrex.com.
Ganneff

Post by Ganneff »

Oh wow, the most useless answer possible.
--
bye Ganneff
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

For future reference, please email support@timetrex.com for support regarding paid editions of TimeTrex.

These forums are primarily geared towards the community edition of TimeTrex and answers are provided by volunteers or other community members. So your questions may not be answered in a timely manner if at all. If you instead contact support@timetrex.com you will receive a response within one business day or less.