Formatted SSN in reports

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
lukek

Formatted SSN in reports

Post by lukek »

Hello All,

I've searched the forum and didn't see an answer to this question. Is there a way to make a custom field in reports that will format the SSN appropriatly? (i.e. - 111-22-3333)?
shaunw

Re: Formatted SSN in reports

Post by shaunw »

What report specifically are you referring to?
lukek

Post by lukek »

I am using Pay Stub Reports and the Deductions by Employee template. I am setting up the file to send to the company that handles our 457 retirement plan. They require the report have formatted SSN's (with the dashes). I thought I could create a custom column and fenagle a formula to do this, but I'm stuck.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What edition of TimeTrex are you using?
lukek

Post by lukek »

Using 12.6.5 - Professional Edition. I figured it out though. If you add a custom column to the report, set the formula to pre-group, set format to String. You'll use the following formula: string_concat('-', (string_substring(#sin#, 0,3)), string_concat('-',(string_substring(#sin#, 3,2)), (string_substring(#sin#, 5,4))))
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

For future reference, please email support@timetrex.com for support regarding paid editions of TimeTrex.

These forums are primarily geared towards the community edition of TimeTrex and answers are provided by volunteers or other community members. So your questions may not be answered in a timely manner if at all. If you instead contact support@timetrex.com you will receive a response within one business day or less.