Several In/Out punches

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
jorge

Several In/Out punches

Post by jorge »

Hi:
I'm a a bit confused since somehow I was able to punch in/out several times a day. Now I'm able to punch in only once and to punch out only once, meaning if I punch at 8 AM and punch out at 10. How I'm able to punch in lets say at 11 again on the same day? Has this behaviour something to do with policies or the schedues template?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards
Our man from Havana
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is stopping you from punching in/out more then once in a day?
jorge

Post by jorge »

What is stoping me is that I can only see two rows one In and one Out in the timesheet view. i ctually managed to add mgore punches for a certain day usign the punch buttton, so I was wonderin if there's is another way or have I missed something!

Best Regards
Our man from Havana
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When there are no more available rows in the TimeSheet, simply click on the day that you want more punches on (so it becomes highlighted in blue), and click the:

Add: Punch

button in the upper right of the timesheet.

This will create two more rows on the TimeSheet. Punching in/out using the In/Out button in the menu will also work of course, but only for the current day, and is more of a hassle.

You only want to use the Add: Punch button for this purpose, afterwards you should always click on the blank cell to add punches.