Flexible Shift reg

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
rajeshv

Flexible Shift reg

Post by rajeshv »

For the employees who work for flexible shift can be working for 8/9 hrs according to their wish,they do not have any specific time frame,in that case how can i set the in time & out time in the menu (Edit Recurring Schedule Template) or is there any other method to set the in and out time for the flexible shift.

How to handle the odd punch?? (ie) In PUnch :8:30 AM,Lunch Punch:12:30 PM
Out Punch 5:30 Pm,Here i have not punched for 1 PM after having the lunch.So,How i can handle in this situation.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If they are working a truly flexible shift, there is no real reason to schedule them is there? Just don't create a schedule for them at all, and have them punch in/out as they wish.

As for your question about punches, it depends on how they currently look, but here are some examples:
In: 8:00AM
Out Lunch: 12:00PM
In Lunch: <blank>
Out: 5:00PM

If there is a missing punch that causes a gap or blank space, you can just click on the empty cell and add a new punch to fill it in.

If the punches are incorrect, for example:
In: 8:00AM
Out Lunch: 12:00PM
In Lunch: 5:00PM
Out: <blank>

Then you can click on the In Lunch: 5:00PM punch, change the type to "out", that will shift it down one cell, then follow instructions in the first example to fill in the gap.