Check for update

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
pheedback

Check for update

Post by pheedback »

This isn't really an issue so I am just putting it here as general discussion. I am running TimeTrex 1.6.6 and it is not indicating that there is a new version out even though 2.0.0 can be downloaded. Why would that be?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sometimes when large updates are released we wait a few days before we notify everyone within TimeTrex itself. This is one of those cases, so you should see the notification within the next couple days.
pheedback

Post by pheedback »

Okay. I have done updates in the past, but is there any major change in the upgrade process we should be aware of? Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The upgrade process should go smoothly, however you can view our release notes describing the changes here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownote ... _id=515309

The change that may cause issues with v2.0 is the added requirement of the PHP Gettext extension. This extension is included in most PHP installations, but not every one of course. The TimeTrex installer will alert you of any issues during the upgrade process.
pheedback

Post by pheedback »

Okay. I came across that issue, but I just had to remove the ; before the proper dll and restart the web server. I also had to up the memory limit to 50M or higher. I would recommend uncommenting the ; before the dll and also changing the memory limit to 64M then restarting the web server.