Customizing Punch Types

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
quepasa

Customizing Punch Types

Post by quepasa »

Is there an easy way to add/remove punch types (Normal, Lunch, Break)? We want to to be able to have "Business" and "Personal" as punch types. Meaning, they are out of the office on a business/company related matter (meeting with a client), or out because of a Personal matter (doctor's appointment).

We also don't want Break to show up as a Punch Type.

Thanks,
-Ben
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Not without modifying the source code.

However adding Business/Personal punch types would break a lot of things. If "Business" punches are paid, and "Personal" are not paid, I recommend using the "break" punch type when employees are out on personal time, so that time is automatically excluded from their day.

Alternatively if you just want to track personal time off, you could setup absence policies to do it for you.
SurpassWFM

Re: Customizing Punch Types

Post by SurpassWFM »

We are looking to add a new punch type to our timetrex. Called "VTO." To effectively track the time we VTO someone for as to not count their schedule adherence against them. Seeing as an administrator will be updating this each day is there something else you would recommend instead of adding a punch type via modifying open source? We just need this time to show as approved time off not "paid time," as that will break our payroll process.

Thanks in advance.
shaunw

Re: Customizing Punch Types

Post by shaunw »

What you described is exactly what Absence policies are designed for.
blurryeyes

Re:

Post by blurryeyes »

shaunw wrote:Not without modifying the source code.
Which particular source code? I want to add "Meeting" in the punch type list. I would really appreciate your reply on this.

TimeTrex Edition: Standard
Version: 5.3.1
Install Type: Automated executable installer