Printing TimeSheets

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
jarodmacintosh

Printing TimeSheets

Post by jarodmacintosh »

Is there anyway we can print out a timesheet for each employee all at the same time, or do we have to open each employee's timesheet and then print it from there. Our bookkeeper would like to have copy of it to file with the check stub.

And can we change the way it looks or would that mess things up.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Reports -> TimeSheet Detail, then use the "Display TimeSheet" button. That will put timesheets for each employee on a different page and show you them all at once.

There is no way to change the format without modifying the code, you are free to do so if you like. What sort of changes are you looking for?
jarodmacintosh

Post by jarodmacintosh »

Thanks, that works just the way I wanted it to.

This weeks time sheets show 7 rows in the first week, going from Monday to Monday. Then goes from Tuesday to Friday. Our pay period ends on Thursday with Friday being the payday.

This is how I have our Pay Period Schedule set up:
Start Date: Aug-05-2007 12:00 AM
End Date: Aug-16-2007 11:59 PM
Transaction Date: Aug-17-2007 11:59 PM

Not sure what setting(s) I'm missing to get it to group the days in work weeks, Friday-Thursday.

Here's mine from this past period.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its not showing Aug 5th on the printed timesheet at all, which is throwing the weeks off.

Is this the first pay period you have in TimeTrex?

The printed timesheets basically split weeks up in 7 day intervals from the beginning of your pay period. Since your pay period starts on Aug 5th which is a Sunday, the weeks on the printed timesheet should be Sunday->Saturday. But for some reason its not showing Sunday Aug 5th, so its all off by one day.

If its the first pay period in TimeTrex, that can sometimes cause the issue, the 2nd pay period should look as expected though.

The other thing you could try is adding a single punch on Aug 5th for this employee, then deleting it. See if that causes Aug 5th to show up on the printed timesheet.
jarodmacintosh

Post by jarodmacintosh »

Yes it is the first pay period we've used TimeTrex. And I changed the the day that the period started on half way through the period.

I figured it was something that would fix itself next period. Kinda thought it would this time when I recalculated the company & employees. I'll let you know if I still have this problem next period.

Thanks for helping out.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you changed the pay period schedule after you already had pay periods created, I recommend following the instructions here:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?p=874#874

Otherwise it is likely you will run into issue in the future.
jarodmacintosh

Post by jarodmacintosh »

Thanks Shawn :!: That worked, everything looks as I want it to.

The woman(my partners wife) who does our payroll is off-site, and we pay the day after the pay period ends. She thinks this program is great. No more adding up the time sheets manually, making sure the in/outs equal the hours wrote down, making sure the days all add up to the weeks total. Cuts down on her Thursday night(or Friday morning) work.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you, and her likes TimeTrex, I urge you to make a post to our
"Success Stories and Testimonials" forum so others can read it too:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewforum.php?f=7
dharris

Post by dharris »

I seem to be having the same trouble that jarodmacintosh was having...and perhaps I am misunderstanding something here, but here's my problem...

We started using TimeTrex on September 4th. Our pay period started on September 3rd, but that was a holiday so nobody had time punches that day. The pay period was not changed after we started using the program, but just for good measure, I created a new pay period schedule as the instructions showed.

It LOOKS like it's calculating overtime correctly, but the timesheet is showing the first 7 days punches in one week (ie tuesday through wednesday of the following week), and the second week only showing 2 days. It's more of an aesthetics thing and I want people to understand when they sign their timesheet that the hours are calculated right. What might I be doing wrong?

*EDIT* - If I change the dates to only show one week at a time, I get what I want, but if I understand things right, it should do it if I have both weeks selected, right?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The way the printed timesheet looks has nothing to do with overtime calculation. Because you just started using TimeTrex and skipped one day right from the start it will throw the printed timesheet off for that period.

Normally you would have pay periods in TimeTrex for a few weeks before you actually "go live" with it, which prevents this issue from happening.

Starting next pay period it should look normal.

I think if you add a schedule for everyone for Sept 3rd and Sept 4th if they don't have one already, that may actually fix the printed timesheet in your case.
dharris

Post by dharris »

Perhaps that brings about a different issue because there's not really a set schedule. I was concerned about the way timetrex might handle punches if we had people who clocked in late or early or clocked out late or early...and as a matter of fact, we do a LOT of clocking in and out because we are using timetrex to track how much time we're spending each day on specific tasks for specific entities within our organization (kind of like job costing, but different). Anyway, one person might have up to 75-100 punches in a single day depending on what comes up when and I didn't know how timetrex would handle that if I put in set schedules for everyone...
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The schedule idea is just a temporary fix for this first pay period, it isn't something that would always be needed. In fact you could delete the schedules immediately after if you really wanted to, but that could take a while if you have many employees.
dharris

Post by dharris »

I added a mass schedule for the 4 employees this affects for 9/3 - 9/9, but it did not seem to fix the report (I did not recalculate employees, should I have done that?)

Since I got what I needed by printing each week individually, I will wait and see what the next pay period timesheets look like since this is happening due to it being the first pay period we are using timetrex.