WCB rates

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
gemlog

WCB rates

Post by gemlog »

Hi Mike,

We swapped mail a few years ago over at cdnpayroll. I have a little python script for payroll, but you may not remember.

I just installed Standard on a spare box and was having a poke around. How would you deal with multiple rates of wcb for the same employee depending on task using TimeTrex?

For example, one day a fellow does steep-slope roofing and the next day low-slope? Or even, one morning steep and that afternoon low-slope? Similar situations occur in general construction as well.

No hits on 'wcb' in the forums or in the pdf, but I did search at least :)
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Premium policies can do this for you. Depending on the branch/department/job/task that the employee punches into, TimeTrex can allot that time to different premium policies.

You can then setup custom WCB deductions that are only calculated on the different premium policies.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
gemlog

Post by gemlog »

But premium policy offers only earnings accounts?

Sorry, I must be missing something.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Correct, premium policies do only allow you to categorize time to earning pay stub accounts, but once the time is properly categorized you can create Tax / Deductions that are based off each category that calculate the proper WCB rate.

For example, you could create two premium policies similar to this:

Earnings - Steep Slope: 15 hrs @ $25/hr
Earnings - Low Slope: 25 hrs @ $20/hr

Then you can create two Tax / Deduction's that use a percent calculation method and only have them include one of the above earnings accounts to base their calculation on.

For example:

Name: WCB Rate 1
Calculation: Percent
Percent: 2.345
PS Account: Employee Deduction - WCB Rate 1
Include PS Accounts: Earnings - Steep Slope

Name: WCB Rate 2
Calculation: Percent
Percent: 1.394
PS Account: Employee Deduction - WCB Rate 2
Include PS Accounts: Earnings - Low Slope

You can setup as many of these as you want too of course.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
gemlog

Post by gemlog »

Ahh, OK, thanks Mike, now I see what you meant.

Only not clear how either the worker or an admin would punch in for low slope in the morning, punch out for lunch, then punch in for steep slope in the afternoon.

I don't have anything that can do this, and the only thing I've seen with the option is simply. Maybe 'Branch' could be abused for this? Or maybe I'd have to add a combo for premium policy type as you described.

I'm really trying hard to avoid translating my python payroll to php for tinyerp (or stealing some of yours ;) ). Timetrex has a lot of very nice features and a lot of thought has gone into it. I'd prefer to simply marry the two rather than write another custom module for terp.

I especially like the ROE, I do a similar thing for GST and payroll remittance forms. Does the ROE fill in the weeks detail if there are pay periods missing? I especially hate when I have to do that by hand :)

Oh, also, it seems not to respect the age rule/required months for cpp.

Really, I need to spend more time with it and quit bothering you for now!

Thanks very much for your help Mike.