Timetrex v. 5.0 interface -- runs so slow we don't use it

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
mbusboom

Timetrex v. 5.0 interface -- runs so slow we don't use it

Post by mbusboom »

When we login to our Timetrex accounts on our computers ... the login screen asks us to try the Timetrex v. 5.0 interface.

Whenever we have tried using this interface ... login, everything was so much slower than what we were currently doing that we always switched back.

How come it is slow for us? Is it slow for everyone?

Marilyn
shaunw

Re: Timetrex v. 5.0 interface -- runs so slow we don't use i

Post by shaunw »

Whats the exact version of TimeTrex that you are using?

When you say "slow", can you be more specific? What parts are slow? How slow are they exactly?
mbusboom

Post by mbusboom »

This is a screenshot of which version we are using. I hope that helps.

As for the slowness factor...I can describe it as...when we login using the new version ... we get a window that constantly pop-ups saying "processing" ... then it displays the screen ... then we click on something and we get the pop-up "processing" ... then we wait.

So therefore the version we are currently using is quicker & less annoying.

Marilyn
TimeTrex - About.pdf
(128.38 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I noticed that the screenshot you provided was from the legacy interface of TimeTrex, but at the bottom of the screen you will see "Server response time: 1.428 seconds."

That tells you how long it took for TimeTrex to generate the page for you, in most cases that should be less than 1 second, especially on simple pages like the Help -> About screen. If you navigate around the legacy interface what are the response times you are seeing?

For comparison sake, with our cloud hosted product, the response times are typically in the fraction of second range, for example 0.056 seconds, 0.213 seconds, etc...
mbusboom

Post by mbusboom »

I tried a couple of things ... and the response times were all 1.490 seconds or higher.

I am not familiar with your cloud hosted product. Maybe that is something I need to investigate for our company. Does cloud hosted mean the same thing as On-Demand?

Is there a link on your website that would give me more information on switching from our current product to the cloud hosted product? (I couldn't find it)

Marilyn
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is likely a issue with the computer you have installed TimeTrex on that is simply too slow. We have seen in the past poor virus scanners that really slow things down, if you have a virus scanner installed you could try temporarily disabling it and see if that improves the response times.

Currently there is no way to migrate your data from On-Site to the cloud (On-Demand).