Spread Time

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
halflife

Spread Time

Post by halflife »

I work for a transit agency and I am evaluating your software to replace our current system. We have a unique premium pay type that I am not sure how to implement in Timetrex. Essentially to compensate drivers for long work days where there are long breaks in between runs the industry came up with a concept called spread time.

Spread time is calculated by looking at the earlies clock in time for the day and the latest clock out time for the day. If those times are greater than 12 hours for instance, all worked hours after 12 hours from first clock in are paid at X1.5. It doesn't matter if there was a long break in the middle or not.

A driver could come in at 5 am to work 2 hours and go home.
They come back at 4pm to work until 10pm.
The 2 hours from the morning are paid at X1 the hour between 4 and 5pm are paid at X1 .
The 5 hours between 5 and 10pm are paid at X1.5.
In this example the paid amount would be equivalent to 12 hours straight pay.

How would I approach this problem in Timetrex?
shaunw

Re: Spread Time

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex does not support such a setup at this time.
halflife

Post by halflife »

If spread time was calculated separately how could it be imported? IE our run cutting software/daily operations can calculate that information and export to a csv file. Is there a good approach here?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately that time can't be imported either. The only real option would be custom development to have us or someone else add that functionality for you.