W2 info missing

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
mwisecup

W2 info missing

Post by mwisecup »

I am missing the complete W2 info.

BOX 15, state and state id number is blank

BOX 18, BOX 19 and BOX 20 are also blank. Is there something that has to be setup before these items will show on the W2?

mwisecup

Post by mwisecup »

Anyone able to get the missing info on your W2's?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What version of TimeTrex are you using?

As well, how have you setup the local tax deductions?
mwisecup

Post by mwisecup »

I am using Timetrex 2.1.2

I do have the local setup, I am not sure if I did it correct though.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try upgrading to v2.1.3, I know there were some W2 updates in that version. As for the local taxes, it really depends how you have them setup, if they aren't setup correctly and as local/district taxes, they won't appear on the W2s.
mwisecup

Post by mwisecup »

I did a fresh install of version 2.1.3 on a different PC. I am still having problems with the local info being on the W2s. The state info looks good though. Here are a few screenshoots

shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You are using the generic percent calculation for the local taxes, because of that TimeTrex has no way of knowing that it should appear on the W2's.

You need to use the District / County Income Tax Formula calculation for it to appear on the W2's. However you will need to wait for TimeTrex v2.2.0-rc2 (scheduled to be released in the next week or so) before you can fully do what you want.

It will be a somewhat delicate process to switch over to this new formula without losing any data, so I recommend that you upgrade to v2.2.0-rc2 when its released and post another message here once you have done so and we can provide you details on the proper procedure.
mwisecup

Post by mwisecup »

Just wandering if you know when the new version will be released.

Thanks!!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The developers informed me they are in the process of uploading it to the server as I write this, so it should be available in a few hours.