Login issue with Password

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
guanaco

Login issue with Password

Post by guanaco »

Hello. I am using Community version 7.2.0 and noticed that the Legacy interface will be discontinued soon. We didnt move to the Flex interface as we found a glitch on it and since we will be moving to it I want to bring that to your attention.

On the Flex interface we are able to login as any user (normal or administrator) by using the username and a " "(space) password.

This means that is I input my username 9999@company.local (we use ldap) and in the password I just hit once or several times spacebar... I am able to login. This happens with any registered username

Have you find anything like this before?
guanaco

Re: Login issue with Password

Post by guanaco »

guanaco wrote:Hello. I am using Community version 7.2.0 and noticed that the Legacy interface will be discontinued soon. We didnt move to the Flex interface as we found a glitch on it and since we will be moving to it I want to bring that to your attention.

On the Flex interface we are able to login as any user (normal or administrator) by using the username and a " "(space) password.

This means that is I input my username 9999@company.local (we use ldap) and in the password I just hit once or several times spacebar... I am able to login. This happens with any registered username

Have you find anything like this before?
I have just verify, and I dont know if this was happening before as I just updated my installation to version 7.2.0, same thing happens on the Legacy interface as well
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It likely has to do with your LDAP setup, could you send us a screenshot of your LDAP settings in TimeTrex?
guanaco

Post by guanaco »

shaunw wrote:It likely has to do with your LDAP setup, could you send us a screenshot of your LDAP settings in TimeTrex?
This works normal, I have no problem using ldap authentication... when I try to set up anything different ldap authentication stops working
Attachments
Screenshot.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You don't really have any LDAP settings defined, are you sure LDAP authentication is actually working, have you tested changing the password in LDAP and testing to see that you can login with that new password and not the old password?
guanaco

Post by guanaco »

shaunw wrote:You don't really have any LDAP settings defined, are you sure LDAP authentication is actually working, have you tested changing the password in LDAP and testing to see that you can login with that new password and not the old password?
Yes sir, as soon as a password is changed in the AD (Windows) the old one does not work in TimeTrex, just the new one.

I just added the following:

Base DN: ou=AD_Users,dc=company,dc=local

Users are specify inside AD_Users but divided in folders, not sure if this will be an issue. So basically my username is in ou=AD_Users, ou=Development but other users are on different folders.

I tried adding the ou to the sentence but it gives: Incorrect Input! User Name or Password is incorrect.

Any ideas?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try v7.2.1 when its released tomorrow and see if that makes a difference with your prior settings.
guanaco

Post by guanaco »

shaunw wrote:Try v7.2.1 when its released tomorrow and see if that makes a difference with your prior settings.
I will! thanks
guanaco

Post by guanaco »

shaunw wrote:Try v7.2.1 when its released tomorrow and see if that makes a difference with your prior settings.
Hi Shaunw, I just uploaded all the files from v7.2.1 to my v7.2.0 installation but I am having troubles updating the database. See the Screenshot.

But regarding the password issue I tested it and I am no longer able to log in using the " " (space) password, so it seems it has been fixed

EDIT: after refreshing the page in the screenshot... I logged again to the legacy interface and now it says we are on v7.2.1
Attachments
Screenshot.png