must i do update the version 5.3.3 to the new one?

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
francisco

must i do update the version 5.3.3 to the new one?

Post by francisco »

Helo,

I use the version 5.3.3 and today I received the information to update to the new version, because the version used is outdated.

I use timetrex only for time management not for pay or other things. Have i to do the update (and i wil not change the old userinterface because the new interface is to slow and to different)?
If i don't update what are hapen and if i do not update, how i can remove the outdate information?

Thanks
shaunw

Re: must i do update the version 5.3.3 to the new one?

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex v5.3.x (and older) is over a year old now and therefore is no longer supported, it won't receive any bug or security fixes going forward.

If you don't upgrade soon you may never be able to upgrade without losing all your data and having to start over again.

We highly recommend that everyone upgrades to the latest versions of TimeTrex as soon as possible. Waiting months or years to upgrade compromises the phased in approach we take to new features in each major version release and makes the upgrade process much more difficult for end-users.
francisco

Post by francisco »

Helo shaunw,

If i don't update (because 2 things i use the old legacy user interface (and the new update have a other userinterface), and the timetrex is only used for time mesurement), and is working perfectly for the time beeing.

If i don't update is are a risk that the system stops with operating?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Once a version is no longer supported it shouldn't stop working necessarily, but there is always potential for a bug to cause problems, like errors in calculations or corrupted data. Not to mention any potential security issues of course.

As mentioned, we always recommend that you are using the latest version of TimeTrex.