Future Dated Schedule Summary Reports

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
outreachadmin

Future Dated Schedule Summary Reports

Post by outreachadmin »

One thing we're missing now that we're upgraded is the ability to pull a future dated Schedule Summary Report...

In the old version, we could pull a Schedule Summary report for any date range (including future dates).

However, when I select Reports >> TimeSheet Reports >> Schedule Summary with "Tomorrow" as the date, I get the dredded "[NO DATA MATCHES CRITERIA]"... If I change the date to "Yesterday" it works great.

Is there an equivalent to this report for future dates, or maybe a way to make it work with the recurring schedules on future dates? (We primarily use the Recurring Templates/schedules, but do end up with the odd Vacation/RTO/ETC schedules entered manually).

I have found that we can use the Schedule view page to Print out a schedule, but I'm specifically looking for a CSV exportable report.

Any input/guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Thomas Smith
Haltom City, TX
shaunw

Re: Future Dated Schedule Summary Reports

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately due to the flexibility in the new report engine future dated recurring schedules are not available in the Schedule Summary report at this time, though that functionality will be returned in a coming version (unfortunately no date is known).
outreachadmin

Post by outreachadmin »

WOW! That's terrible!!!
This is one of the few reports we lean on DAILY to manage our operations... This is one of those CRITICAL reports to be able to pull in a live scheduling system. I assumed I was doing something wrong, not that there was a gaping hole in the development cycle for critical reporting functionality.

Is there any way to access the legacy php reports on an upgraded system? Any other way to get this information at all?

Please?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

At this time the only way to have future schedules appear in the Schedule Summary report is to not use recurring schedules and to manually schedule the employees directly through Attendance -> Schedules instead. The issue is that recurring schedules don't actually exist in the future, they are dynamically created each day, so technically there isn't "anything" to report on in the future.
outreachadmin

Post by outreachadmin »

shaunw wrote:technically there isn't "anything" to report on in the future.
While I understand how this feature works, the reporting in the legacy interface works as expected by dynamically calculating where the scheduled days should be. (Shoot, the schedule interface does the dynamic reporting on the future days...)
The Flex interface reporting tools do not (yet. But I'm anxious for the day it comes! :D ).

I do understand that you've moved to a more dynamic reporting platform that gives more power to the users to be able to build reports that were not easily possible before. So I understand the situation. I just wish this report hadn't been put on the back burner while you force an upgrade to the new interface.

Let me be clear, I greatly appreciate the work you all are doing with the product. It's a great tool and we rely heavily on the tools within to run our business (120 employees, with over 40 different recurring schedules).

I was able to find a way into the Legacy interface (index_legacy.php) and we are able to use the reporting there for now.

Thank you for the info!