IE10 Unsupported Web Browsers Message

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
rjandreski

IE10 Unsupported Web Browsers Message

Post by rjandreski »

So it looks like our TimeTrex Community Edition updated from Version 7.4.3 to Version 7.4.4 last night. Everything was working fine yesterday but since the updated version installed users can not log into TimeTrex on Internet Explorer 10. It works if opened on Chrome or Firefox but not IE10. I get a message saying

Supported Web Browsers

TimeTrex v7.3.0 and newer requires a web browser that supports modern HTML5 standards and therefore is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Please click one of the images below to download and install a HTML5 compatible web browser.

I tried deleting Temporary Internet Files. Tried enabling and disabling Compatibility Mode. Tried Restore Advanced Settings and Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Still brings me to that screen. We have this installed locally and connect by this link - http://timeclock:8085/ . We do have a group policy in place for Internet Explorer so maybe something needs to be modified there? What would cause this message to come up? Please advise.
Attachments
Message.jpg
shaunw

Re: IE10 Unsupported Web Browsers Message

Post by shaunw »

My only guess is that your Internet Explorer is still presenting itself to TimeTrex in compatibility mode.

We can confirm that if you enable debug logging with the following procedure:
In your TimeTrex.ini.php file, set the following under the [debug] section:
enable = TRUE
enable_display = TRUE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 10
Reproduce the issue then upload the TimeTrex log file (c:\timetrex\log\timetrex.log) in your post.
rjandreski

Post by rjandreski »

Here is the Log. It looks like it is picking it up as IE7 for some reason but it is IE10.
Attachments
Message2.jpg
timetrex.log
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

According to the log its presenting itself to TimeTrex as Internet Explorer 7, so its almost certain that compatibility mode is still enabled.

The following URL may help with dealing with compatibility mode issues:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... n-off.html
rjandreski

Post by rjandreski »

So I was able to get the login screen to come up and everything was back to normal. The way I got this to work was to open up "Compatibility View Settings" in Internet Explorer and uncheck the box for "Display intranet sites in Compatibility Mode". My issue though was that our EMR software here at the office wouldn't work anymore. We use Centricity Practice Solutions that is installed locally on one of our servers just like TimeTrex is. This EMR software requires Compatibility mode enabled where TimeTrex requires it to be disabled so I can't have both working. We have been using TimeTrex for years and never had this issue before. Everything was working fine up to version 7.4.3. This change looks like it was made in version 7.4.4. Is there a way it can be reverted back in the next release for people who are using TimeTrex locally on their server with this configuration? Or is there some other solution for us to this issue?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In the same window that you disabled compatibly mode for intranet sites, you should be able to enable it for specific domains like your EMR software domain.

The next version of TimeTrex should be able to work around compatibility mode in IE a little better to avoid having to manually change settings, but its not a 100% solution.
rjandreski

Post by rjandreski »

So I just tried your suggestion and that worked. "Display intranet sites in Compatibility Mode" is unchecked and I've added the EMR domain to sites that should run in compatibility mode and both now open up successfully. We have over 60 computers on our network so I would need to add this to our Internet Explorer Settings Group Policy if that is the solution going forward. If this issue is going to get corrected in the next release than I might just wait for that instead. Will this definitely get addressed in the next version and if so when will that version to be available?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It will be addressed in the next version (due out next week probably), but as mentioned it may not work in 100% of the cases, but it should work in most.