Absences not fully deducted on pay stubs

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
amir

Absences not fully deducted on pay stubs

Post by amir »

Hi,

I am fairly new to Timetrex and while I was testing some of the compatibility with our policy I came across the below problem which I haven't been able to resolve for sometime now:

I have an absence policy that docks a rate of 2.0 from salaried employees in case of unscheduled absence. I also have an undertime absence policy that docks a rate of 1.5 from salaried employees in case of in late punches.

If an employee is absent one day during a month and at the same time he has a couple of undertime absence hours, the pay stub only deducts either the one day absence or the under time absence hours but not both.

Bearing in mind that I recalculate the time sheets after every modification I make whether in the policies or the timesheet itself.

I have attached 2 sets of pay stubs showing different working hours but the same total earnings.
- Pay stub 23 has only the undertime absence hours correctly deducted.
- Pay stub 25 has 8 hours less regular time due to one absent day.
- I have also attached a snapshot of the timesheet with the accumulated total time for reference.

I tried removing the undertime Absence hour just to check if the unscheduled absence policy works on its own, and the pay stub came out fine with the deductions correctly. attached Pay stub 26 for your reference.

Can you please advice what am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Amir El-Ashi
Attachments
pay_stub-26.pdf
(50.14 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 8.23.42 PM.png
pay_stub-25.pdf
(50.15 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
pay_stub-23.pdf
(50.14 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
shaunw

Re: Absences not fully deducted on pay stubs

Post by shaunw »

Please include screenshots of the edit screen for each of your Absence policies, as well as this employees wage entry.
amir

Post by amir »

Just a quick explanation of our work structure, our employees are salary based (monthly). They work 8 hrs/day, 6 days/week. Friday is a paid weekend. Accordingly, the hourly rate should be (in case of a 30 day month) employee salary divided 30 divided 8.

In order to embed the above policy in timetrex, I listed the employee average hrs/week to be 56 (8 hrs x 7 days) then I made a paid holiday / absence policy every friday.

I have attached screenshots of the following:
- Unscheduled Absence policy
- Undertime Absence policy
- Friday Holiday policy and Absence policy
- Employee wage entry
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 10.43.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 10.41.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 11.05.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 10.41.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 10.40.46 PM.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Based on the sample pay stubs you sent, it would appear that no docked time is being deducted at all from the employees salary. Also the pay stubs you sent are for a different employee than the wage examples, so unfortunately they don't help.

If you remove all docked absence time from the employees timesheet and regenerate their pay stub does it change the Regular Time amount at all?
amir

Post by amir »

I removed all absences from the employees timesheet, and the regular time was increased by the amount time removed. The pay stub shows being paid the full salary since no deductions.

PS. it is the same employee, i just noticed his name was spelt wrong.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 1.26.03 AM.png
pay_stub-27.pdf
(50.14 KiB) Downloaded 1787 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you add back in one type of docked absence for the full amount of time you want to deduct from their pay does it work properly?
amir

Post by amir »

I tried each absence policy separately to the timesheet, and the amount of time deducted was perfectly docked from the employees pay. However, when 2 or more absence policies (unscheduled absence, undertime absence, sick, etc..) are applied to the same timesheet that's when only one policy takes effect while the other policy is not docked from the timesheet at all.

Its as if the first policy cancels any absence policy that follows.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, I will escalate this to our developers to investigate further.
amir

Post by amir »

Any updates when this issue may be resolved?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It will be fixed in the next release of TimeTrex, before the end of December for sure.