Check printing not aligned

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
Bsloan9858

Check printing not aligned

Post by Bsloan9858 »

Hello, our company recently started exploring the possible migration from our existing time management software to TimeTrex. We are currently testing the onsite Community Edition, we've created several employees within as well as a few of our PTO/Sick time policies. It's been working very well and has exceeded all of our expectations except for the pay check printing feature. When printing checks we selected the DLT103 format, our current standard checks are DLT103, and when it printed it wasn't aligned vertically. Our internal IT made sure our printer was aligned as well as making sure there was no issues with my computer. I also checked within TimeTrex to see if there was a setting to align the checks but there isn't. Can someone please help me with this? I tried calling support but they stated they don't support the community edition.

Thanks for reading!
Brandon Sloan
shaunw

Re: Check printing not aligned

Post by shaunw »

How far out of alignment is it? Have you tried adjusting the printer margins in your print settings just before you print them? Every printer is different, so sometime minor adjustments to the margins are required.
Bsloan9858

Post by Bsloan9858 »

It seems to be a few centimeters down on the checks. This goes for all of the information printed on the checks. Is there an option within TimeTrex to move the information up a few lines? Our IT says every thing looks fine with the printers.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

A few centimeters is significant, what are your printer margins currently set to?

BTW: This is not a hardware issue, its simply just a standard printer setting on every computer.
Bsloan9858

Post by Bsloan9858 »

We're a little closer! So we were printing the checks from within Google Chrome's PDF viewer but when i downloaded the file, then opened and printed it with Adobe while checking "Actual Size", from within Adobe's print manager, it seems to be aligned. However, we have a new issue. The amount doesn't cover the entire length of the available space. When printing from QuickBooks, it covers all of this space with asterisks. It appears that TimeTrex does the same but it only covers about 75% of the line. Is there any setting I can change for this? Thanks for you help Shawn!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately there is not any setting to adjust that.