How to implement approval of punches entry?

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
gauravshaha

How to implement approval of punches entry?

Post by gauravshaha »

We are new to timetrex. It is just installed in my system. We want following case
1. Employee should be able to enter his/her missed punches along with the details such as date, time, in/out and reason.
2. The entered punches shall go to the immediate post which is mention in the Hierarchy
3. Incase of multiple Hierarchy when the last manager approves the punches then only this should be considered in timesheet.

Prompt reply would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance.
shaunw

Re: How to implement approval of punches entry?

Post by shaunw »

This is exactly what Requests are used for in TimeTrex.
gauravshaha

Post by gauravshaha »

I had checked Request menu but it is having option to enter the message only, but I required that end user should enter date, time, status along with the reason and Approval should be able to just approve or reject it. I don't want that Approval should waste time in entering the manual punches.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately its not always that simple, in some cases if the employee punches In when they should have punched Out, the supervisor may need to re-arrange the punches on that day, or even across several days in really bad situations. Complex situations like that will never be a simple operation and will always require manual intervention by the supervisor.
gauravshaha

Post by gauravshaha »

Is there any way to achieve the suitation that I had mention, may be change in any code or something like that.