Problem upgrading

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
Renrick

Problem upgrading

Post by Renrick »

Hi I ran into an issue with my upgrade. I am running timetrex on ubuntu linux using php 5. The files got unzipped all over the place inside the var/www/TimeTrex/timetrex folder. I was trying to undo this operation but couldn't so I delted the /timetrex folder. I am trying to follow through with the upgrade to the new version however I am stuck as I am getting an error when I try the upgrade.

The requested URL /timetrex/interface/install/install.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at 172.16.1.9 Port 80

I can still login but this is the error I am seeing when I login. WARNING: TimeTrex application version does not match database version. Please re-run the TimeTrex installer to complete the upgrade process.

Any help will be appreciated.
shaunw

Re: Problem upgrading

Post by shaunw »

If you are missing files, you will need to download the .ZIP file again and unzip it to the proper location so the necessary files are accessible.
Renrick

Post by Renrick »

Thank you Shaunw. Can you point me as to the directory structure as I unzipped the installation file but I am still getting the same issue. I have verified that the path /timetrex/interface/install exist with the file install.php in the install folder. Is there something else I am missing. I even try to start a new installation on another server and I am getting the same error one system a 32 bit and the other a 64bit ubuntu.

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Perhaps its a permission problem and your web server doesn't have access to the installation file?
Renrick

Post by Renrick »

Ok. I did a reinstall using the .bin file. How do I restore my settings and database? What is the exact path for the database files? I back them up but I can't recall where I need to restore them to. Again I am using ubuntu.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Renrick wrote:Ok. I did a reinstall using the .bin file. How do I restore my settings and database? What is the exact path for the database files? I back them up but I can't recall where I need to restore them to. Again I am using ubuntu.
We don't recommend using the .bin installer on any modern Linux distribution. Its designed for Linux distributions that are now 6-7 years old and don't have the proper versions of PHP to run TimeTrex. Since that is not the case anymore the .bin installer will be phased out over the coming months and will no longer be available.
patku

Post by patku »

Try http://localhost:8085/interface/install/install.php (remove the "timetrex/" bit). That worked for me.