PTO Accural

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
rlewis49

PTO Accural

Post by rlewis49 »

Sorry to ask such an easy question but I have not been able to fine an answer for the following.

Does the Community Edition of TimeTrex accrue PTO for employees that punch in / out ?

Thanks
rlewis49

Re: PTO Accural

Post by rlewis49 »

Hi Shaunw,

When I open the Employee Settings tab I get the message "This functionality is only available in TimeTrex Professional, Corporate, or Enterprise Editions"

Can you help me with setting up the Accural Policy in the Community Edition?

I thought I had it setup but when I run the Accural Balance Summary report with the default setting I get [no data matches criteria]

Thanks,
Richard Lewis
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The "Employee Settings" is only available in the Professional Edition of TimeTrex, this just makes it much easier to manage employees with different accrual settings, but you can still achieve the same end result by creating more Accrual Policies specific to each employee that is handled differently.
rlewis49

Post by rlewis49 »

I am using the Hour Based Accrual Policy for PTO but the Accrual Balance for all employees is not correct. The attached document shows how this accrual policy is setup.

How is this policy used to calculate PTO for an employee?

Thanks,
Richard
Attachments
PTO.docx
(65.6 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you post details of how you want to the accrual to work in general, we can be much more helpful in finding a solution for you.
rlewis49

Post by rlewis49 »

Hi Shaunw,

PTO Accrual is based on hours worked by employees with a maximum accrual per year of 80 hours for the first 3 years of employment

Employee schedule is 8 hours per day Monday through Friday for a total of 40 hours per week.

Two paid 10-minute breaks with one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Unpaid lunch break

Hopefully these are the details you need. Please let me know if you require additional information?

Thanks, Richard
rlewis49

Post by rlewis49 »

Hi Shaunw,

Have you had a chance to look at the information I posted for you on August 30?

Thanks,
Richard
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I don't see how the information you posted above relates to an hour based accrual policy.

You also haven't provided any specific information as to what exactly is wrong either, therefore its virtually impossible to help you, since I have no idea what the problem is, and no idea what you actually want.
rlewis49

Post by rlewis49 »

Hi Shaunw,

Based on your reply I am not sure what information you are looking for.

On August 24th, you asked me “If you post details of how you want to the accrual to work in general, we can be much more helpful in finding a solution for you.” On August 30th, I posted details of how I wanted the PTO accrual to work. What details are you expecting?

On August 23rd, I stated in my post that the Accrual Balance for all employees is not correct and I included an Attachment with a snapshot of how the policy was setup. Again, I am not sure what you are expecting for a description of the problem.

Please let me know what information I need to provide so that I can create and implement a valid PTO accrual policy.

Thanks,
Richard
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

An Hour Based accrual policy requires a percentage accrual rate that the employee accrues for every hour worked. In your screenshot you specified 0.04 (or 4%). So for every hour the employee works, they accrue 0.04 of an hour. This is typically used for part-time employees or employees whose scheduled varies substantially from one week to the next.

In your earlier description, you didn't mention any kind of rate or percentage whatsoever, what you described is actually closer to a CALENDAR based accrual policy, where employees accrue a set number of hours per year (or other time period) regardless of how many hours they actually work. For example 80 hrs per year.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding the types of accrual policies?