Using Time Trex in a School Environment

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
Datsys

Using Time Trex in a School Environment

Post by Datsys »

Howdy All,
I am looking at implementing this in a school environment where it would manage the Scheduling, T&A & payroll for the Admin and Teaching staff. The general plan is to run it from a CentOS 7 Server (either on site or VPS) with 2 fingerprint readers (due to how both sets of staff use the entrances/exits of the main office building).

If the expectations are met, then we might consider branding it for wider distribution to the education & small busiess communities of our country.

Are there any limitation/restrictions that we should be aware of?
mikeb

Re: Using Time Trex in a School Environment

Post by mikeb »

Please make sure that you read and understand the license agreement in detail prior to making any modifications and redistributing it, there are definitely restrictions on how much "branding" you can do. Any modifications that you do make must also be made available to the general public free of charge too.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Datsys

Post by Datsys »

Thanks very much for the response with such valuable information. It suggests that I need to take this plan from the top.

(a) Can I implement this software in more than 1 school to manage the Admin and Teaching staff?

(b) Will it work with more than 1 fingerprint reader? This being necessary as both sets of staff use different entrances/exits of the main office building.

(c) Where in the software do we change to enable the software to do the payroll calculation which is very different in my country than it is in many others?

(d) Would such changes need to be shared in this Community?
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

TimeTrex does not integrate with fingerprint readers out-of-the-box, only the paid editions integrate with the TimeTrex App for biometric facial recognition, QRCode or Quick Punch ID/Password functionality, you can find more information about that here: https://www.timetrex.com/timeclock

As per the license agreement, the full source code for ANY and ALL modifications that you make to TimeTrex Community Edition must be released at no charge to the general public.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!