2 questions, deleting users as + call logs

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
jaejay

2 questions, deleting users as + call logs

Post by jaejay »

Hello

So basically I started at a new company and they use excel sheets for their scheduling and attendance. Now to me this leaves many possibilities for human error as one spreadsheet tends to pass 9 people before its approved. They are unnecessary steps.

So I got Timetrex installed and having a play with it. I imported about 600 staff members but made some errors in it. I need to mass delete them all, I might have to do this a few times as I am purely going to have a test environment for a week or so, just to ensure that this is...simple enough for the end user to use at all times. So if anyone knows a way that would be great.

The next one, I've tried to look online and I can't see anything. And if it can't be done, or isn't done at the moment its no a deal breaker.

Basically I want to import their statuses on their phones (pause time, talk time, dead time, log in time, log out time) so this then can be matched to their register and I can also see who is actually being productive on their in. If it can't be done, I'll just have to do it via Excel or see if I can export the days register to an AWS environment as their phone status is there as well.

Everyone here seems so helpful so thought I might as well ask!

Thank you!
shaunw

Re: 2 questions, deleting users as + call logs

Post by shaunw »

So I got Timetrex installed and having a play with it. I imported about 600 staff members but made some errors in it. I need to mass delete them all, I might have to do this a few times as I am purely going to have a test environment for a week or so, just to ensure that this is...simple enough for the end user to use at all times. So if anyone knows a way that would be great.
By default permissions to delete employees is disabled, as there is no undelete and rarely if ever should it be used. It also deletes all related data to the employee too (ie: schedules, timesheets, pay stubs, etc...), so it can be very dangerous.

Normally when importing employees you would have specified some unique identifier for each, such as an employee number, SIN/SSN or a user name. If so, you can simply enable the "Update Existing Records" feature in step #4 of the Import Wizard and import the corrected data. This will match each employee based on the unique data and just update the incorrect data for you. Much easier than deleting and re-importing from scratch.

Basically I want to import their statuses on their phones (pause time, talk time, dead time, log in time, log out time) so this then can be matched to their register and I can also see who is actually being productive on their in. If it can't be done, I'll just have to do it via Excel or see if I can export the days register to an AWS environment as their phone status is there as well.
You would need to use the API to do that, please see:
https://www.timetrex.com/workforce-management-api
jaejay

Post by jaejay »

Thank you! Sorted out the employees now.

Will look into the API.

Just trying to sort out the scheduling now. Their schuedling...is a bit complex for some individuals.

I have looked for a sample .csv on what format the schedule should be but cannot seem to find one. Is there one knocking about?
jaejay

Post by jaejay »

You would need to use the API to do that, please see:
https://www.timetrex.com/workforce-management-api
[/quote]

Could the phone status be built into timetrex somewhere? I've got it in AWS at the moment, just wondering if the two could communicate. If not exporting the data and merging it makes sense. Just wondering if there was a "phone status" module somewhere.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex has no concept of a "phone status".

Regarding a sample CSV file for schedules, you can find that under Company -> Import, then select "Scheduled Shifts" for the object type, then click the "Download example Scheduled Shifts CSV file" link.