Report Title Customization for Saved Reports

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
Nox

Report Title Customization for Saved Reports

Post by Nox »

We would like the option to include the saved report name in the header of the report.

An example:

When we run the TimeSheet Detail Report, we actually have a few saved reports for departments or salary type. Before we click the buttons for [Display Report] we would like to be able to click a checkbox that would include the name of the saved report in the title of what is displayed.

So it would say:

TimeSheet Detail Report
Salary Employees

Or if we didn't click the box, it would simply say TimeSheet Detail Report.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'll pass this on to our developers to see what they can do.

The problem I see right away with this is you can select a saved report, then modify every single criteria before actually generating the report. It will still say: "SavedReport1" at the top of the report because that is what is selected, but it may not have a single thing in common with the actual "SavedReport1".
Nox

Post by Nox »

Hmm, that makes sense. I actually really like that when you bring up a saved report you can still completely edit the report before running it. That saves so much time from having to create a brand new saved report for every little tweak you want to do.

What if there was a space you could create a custom description on the report and a check box to "include custom report description" which would then show up under the title of the report?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The already existing "name" field could probably be used for that purpose. I'll reference this thread for our developers so they can read the ideas when they get to implementing this feature.
Nox

Post by Nox »

Well now that you have me thinking about it, using the name of the saved report wouldn't work as well as having a custom field, especially if you are using the saved report feature as a template.

However, since selecting a saved report does not fill in the Name field, using that existing field could very well work. :)