W2/941/940 Issues

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
lucasmopdx

W2/941/940 Issues

Post by lucasmopdx »

I have a requirement that I need a constant amount of state tax applied to each pay period. I've implemented this by creating a new tax item. However, this removes the state association with the employee on their W2 form (and the W3 form). Is there any way to create a state tax based not on tax tables but on a fixed value (or percentage)?

Also, form 941 fills in as if I haven't paid any of my monthly payroll taxes. If this were true, I'd be paying tons of penalties. Is there a way around this? It appears to hardcode 0.00 of payments. It'd be much more useful if it just left those boxes blank.

Form 940 has a few UI issues - it says the report isn't set up yet if you don't choose anything in type of return or exempt payments - however, those are all optional. Also, the math is wacky - it seems to be subtracting $4000 from each person's payments instead of $7000?

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately at this time we don't have a way to calculate fixed income taxes and still associate them with a state for W2's. Your best bet is to modify the tax code to calculate a fixed rate. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. You can either modify the SQL tax table itself, or the payroll deduction code for your specific state.

As for the 940/941 form issues, those are already fixed, however the next version of TimeTrex has been delayed longer then expected, it should be out in the next couple days though.