Alternate way for employees to log on in order to clock in..

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
linuxgnuru

Alternate way for employees to log on in order to clock in..

Post by linuxgnuru »

I have a strange situation. I run a small (8 employees total) non-prof organization in Tanzania East Africa. Six of these employees can not read / write and quite frankly are deathly afraid of computers / keyboards. Is there any possibly way to log in and clock in/out by just clicking on some series of pictures? I guess similar to a visual keyboard? If this is crazy let me know so I can try to create a frontend system that sends login information to TimeTrex instead.
shaunw

Re: Alternate way for employees to log on in order to clock in..

Post by shaunw »

If the employees are afraid of a keyboard, I'm sure they would be even more afraid of the mouse, so clicking on pictures seems like a step backwards.

TimeTrex Business Edition does have the Quick Punch module that the employee just needs to enter a PIN/Password of all digits to punch in/out. However the ultimate solution would be a hardware device such as our iButton reader: http://www.timetrex.com/hardware.php. They wouldn't need to touch the computer at all in this case.
linuxgnuru

Re: Alternate way for employees to log on in order to clock in..

Post by linuxgnuru »

Getting any new technology here in Africa is a bit of an issue; if they will work with Macintoshs (I'm using old mac -minis as log-in terminals) then I will definitely check into the hardware. In the mean time, is there anyway to automatically punch in by just typing in their username/password? i.e. login, automatically punches them in, then just click Log-out. I'm sure this isn't the right place for such questions, but until I check into hardware USB solutions, I've got to ask.