android apk

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
seashell11

android apk

Post by seashell11 »

The current software based Windows time clock application is written in java. Could you not reuse this code and easily make an android application for clocking in and out so that our employees who are on the road can easily clock in with their phones? I know there is the browser based version that can be used with phones but this is not ideal and does not work when they are out of service are which happens frequently.
shaunw

Re: android apk

Post by shaunw »

A native iPhone and Android TimeTrex application is in the works currently. I don't know the release date at this time though.
seashell11

Post by seashell11 »

My brothers have a small construction company and their employees are almost never at the shop. Is there any chance that we could be guinea pigs and alpha/beta test this? I help them with all of their technical stuff and they wouldn't mind if stuff wasn't working quite like it should be. They would just love to be able to at least try to use timetrex with a native android app. They are currently enrolled with timtrex on-demand from you. I would be more than happy to provide feedback with how it worked if you would let us. I understand if this is not something your team is interested in, but if they are let me know!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Until the iPhone/Android native applications are ready, we do have a HTML5 application that they can use by going to http://ondemand1.timetrex.com/interface ... /login.php. This should work on any HTML5 enabled smart phone, including Android, Windows Phone 7 and iPhone.