More settings for calculating Missing Out Punch exceptions

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
quepasa

More settings for calculating Missing Out Punch exceptions

Post by quepasa »

It would be nice if we could have some more settings to control when Missing Out Punch exceptions are reported.

For example, businesses who generally run 9-5 would probably be happy with being able to set it so that TimeTrex only looks for the exception at a specific time (like midnight, or 8pm.) Others may find it useful to have TimeTrex look for the exception x hours after scheduled shift-end times.

However, the program should still generate the exception if there are two consecutive In Punches without an Out Punch between them, irrespective of the time this occurs.

My main problem is when a supervisor/admin looks at an Employee's Time Sheet and sees the Missing Out Punch Exception for the current day even though the day isn't over yet.

Hope this makes sense.

-Ben
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When employees punch in/out through the In/Out window, or through our client application, some exceptions are not calculated in real-time for just this reason, so exceptions aren't showing up too early.

At the end of each day TimeTrex automatically calculates the exceptions again for all employees.

However, if a supervisor manually edits a punch, adds a punch, or re-calculates an employees timesheet, all exceptions are calculated and shown at that time.

So in normal circumstances these Missing Out punch exceptions should not show up part way through a day.
quepasa

Post by quepasa »

OK, I see. I was manually adding punches, and that was causing the exceptions to show.

Maybe having the settings I was talking about could lead to being able to have exceptions calculated in real-time? It would also make it so that the exceptions wouldn't show early if a supervisor had to add a punch, or recalculate an employee/company.

Thanks,

-Ben